Welcome to Hovis. We are the proud guardians of over 130 years of baking experience that make up our iconic and much-loved brand. We produce bread and bakery products created with Hovis goodness at the heart of each. We deliver around 1.3million loaves, every day of the week throughout the UK and Ireland, where we also make Mothers Pride and Ormo products.
Apply on Partner Site
We are 2,800 people working within 8 bakeries, 1 flour mill, and 2 regional distribution centres across the UK. Our success is a result of the hard work of our people; they are experts in their field whether it’s baking, manufacturing, logistics, engineering, or the many departments within the central functions team based in our head office in High Wycombe. We are a values-led business and expect our colleagues to live, breathe, and embed Quality, Accountability, and Trust into their ways of working.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manage, organise, develop and lead a proficient team of high performing, KPI compliant, and fully mandatory trained Logistics personnel.
* Develop an efficient operation in line with the Site Plan and Key Business Performance Indicators.
* Ensure the Company Health & Safety policy is consistently applied throughout the function by:- Leading by example to ensure compliance with all Health & Safety and Environmental legislation and Company practices. Ensuring that safety is paramount and that unsafe behaviour is discouraged, promoting a zero accident and incident culture. Ensuring that all team members are trained in all aspects of safety performance Accident Investigation
* Comply with all Company and Legal standards including Health & Safety, Hygiene, Road Transport and Environmental Policies.
* Ensure compliance with all business systems including SAP, Tachomaster and Microlise
* Lead and develop Continuous Improvement activity in the team’s delivery of Quality, Value, Safety, Hygiene, Environment and Customer Service.
* Ensure practical day to day compliance to all standard Company policies, processes, procedures and systems.
* Control employee hours and agency costs.
* Investigation and facilitation of disciplinary issues.
* Ensure drivers work within Tachograph Working Time Regulation legislation and deal quickly and effectively with any infringements.
* Control holidays and lieu days in accordance with site policy.
* Ensure the completion of distribution administrative tasks on a daily / weekly / period basis, giving explanations and actions taken where there are variances against budget / standards.
* Contribute to a successful and effective team environment.
* Deliver on KPI’s.
* Facilitate and monitor completion of PER’s
KNOWLEDGE / QUALIFICATIONS
Entry level business requirement at NVQ or equivalent level (exceptional Hovis or Industry Supply Chain experience will be considered in lieu of qualifications).
* Knowledge and understanding of systems (with experience of SAP, Tachomaster & Microlise)
* Knowledge of Logistics Manufacturing environment including HACCAP, Food Safety and Health & Safety legislative requirements.
* Logistics and Warehouse operations.
* Supervision or Management within a FMCG customer facing environment.
* Successful improvements in KPI and Operational performance.
* Experience of Tachographs, Telematics & Vehicle Defects.
* Managing with financial constraints.
* Working within a Trade Union environment.
* Training & Development.
* Team Dynamics.
* Performance Management.
* Managing manpower levels and operational KPI’s.
* Driving costs and achieving budget.
Why work for us and our benefits:
At Hovis, we understand the importance of looking after our colleagues, so we provide a variety of benefits in addition to their salaries. The benefits we provide at Hovis are as varied as the people who receive them but they are offered with the intention of creating value to them personally over and above their salaries
There is a range of colleague benefits available, which individuals can select based on their needs. Our benefits scheme is called Hovis Choice, which offers a variety of savings and cashback offers on day to day living and much more including eyecare vouchers, and a healthcare scheme to suit everyone. It also includes our Cycle to Work scheme where you can obtain a brand new bike at a significant saving. We offer competitive annual leave entitlement and flexibility where possible in order to create a healthy work-life balance. We celebrate loyalty with our generous long service and colleague recognition schemes We offer three levels of pensions
Hovis values diversity and is committed to promoting equal opportunities in the workplace. Every job applicant, employee or worker will be treated fairly and equally with dignity and respect regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, social class, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religious belief, union membership, political opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic
Or check similar jobs