Job Title: Tool Room Manager
Apply on Partner Site
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 + Benefits
Location: Within the Keswick, Workington, Whitehaven, Penrith, Carlisle, and Kendal areas
Reports to: Reports to the Operations Manager
Mercury Hampton is exclusively retained on this vacancy.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Tool room Manager to join a global OEM manufacturer to manage the design, manufacture, maintenance, stock, and supply chain of manufactured and bought in moulds for the business.
Due to a restructure across the business, this global business is now seeking a Tool room manager to ensure all work conducted and supervised by the department is carried out in compliance with site systems, H&S legislation, and regulatory requirements. Other key duties include the following:
* To manage the design, drawing and preparation of programmes for the manufacture of tooling manufactured and bought in.
* To manage all tooling manufacturing activities conducted on site and to manage the supply chain of bought in tooling.
* To manage the supply chain of all materials required to support the activities of the Tool Room Drawing Office and Manufacturing areas.
* To manage the repair and maintenance of tooling.
* To establish and maintain performance measures of Tool Room activity that support the improvement of OTIF performance.
* To manage the asset base within the Tool Room to ensure it is properly maintained.
* To manage a planned re-investment programme to ensure the capability of the Tool Room remains fit for purpose.
* To manage and deliver Tool Room investment projects on time and within budget.
* To manage the introduction of new equipment into the Tool Room, through specification, testing delivery, installation, commissioning, and handover to operators.
* To set and manage budgets for the Department, including the manning, revenue, and capital budgets.
* To manage the Tool Room Drawing Office and Manufacturing Teams through and with the Team Leaders.
* To continually develop the skills and capabilities of the Tool Room Drawing Office and Manufacturing Teams.
To be successful as the next Tool room Manager you’ll need to have the following skills and experience.
* Minimum 5 years’ experience in tool making design and/or manufacturing.
* A working knowledge of CAD software systems.
* Prior experience of leading and managing teams.
* Departmental management experience.
* Experience of compression and injection moulding tooling design/manufacture would be desirable.
* Budgeting and financial management.
* Management of equipment capital investment.
* Employee performance management
* Proven project management capability.
* Practical experience of toolmaking/ machining.
* Practical experience of tool design using CAD.
* You’ll have an Engineering Qualification, HND or Degree in Engineering - Desirable
* H&S qualification eg NEBOSH/IOSH is desirable
* Leadership/Management qualification - Desirable
* Thorough understanding of machining.
* Detailed understanding of tool design.
* Computer literacy, Microsoft Office.
* Good people and performance management skills as well as good organisational and planning skills.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Tool room Manager who has a proven track record within a related industry, to develop a long-term career in an excellent business that can facilitate constant learning and progression opportunities.
Please click on the apply button or contact Matthew Buchanan at Mercury Hampton directly. We aim to respond to all successful applicants within 48 hours, however if you have not heard from us within 7 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application
Or check similar jobs