Job Purpose: The comapny is a not-for-profit cooperative established to combat financial exclusion and high cost consumer credit. The successful candidate will support the day-to-day running of all its operations, particularly accounts functions (invoice payment, bank reconciliation, preparation of management information).
Apply on Partner Site
1. Responding to members’ requests, via telephone, internet or face-to face as required.
2. Ensure supplier invoices are monitored for accuracy, paid when due and properly recorded.
3. Carry out bank reconciliation on a rolling basis with monthly reconciliation provided to the Treasurer, Chair and Supervisory committee.
4. Providing ad hoc reports for colleagues, directors and supervisory committee as and when required.
5. Make bank deposits and withdrawals as needed.
6. Other duties as determined from time to time by the general manager.
Required: A responsible individual with good numeracy and computing skills (particularly Excel). A familiarity with bookkeeping/accounts processes, AAT level 3 or similar. Capable of accurate timely working. Able to acquire a good working knowledge of specialised BCU software (Curtains and Incuto). Initially the role will be office-based but there may be some scope for home working in due course. DBS and credit check will be carried out, staff members normally become members of the credit union.
Desirable: Experience of work in a bookkeeping/accounting role and/or a financial services environment. Additional skills such as social media/marketing or the capacity to undertake loan analysis.
Hours: 18 hours pw, four weeks annual leave (pro-rata) plus statutory public holidays. Working hours will fall between the hours of 9am and 4pm Monday to Saturday as determined by the needs of the business
Or check similar jobs