Opportunity for an ambitious recently qualified accountant with experience of audit assignments to join a very modern progressive accountancy practice, with space to grow and develop to manager in the future.
Apply on Partner Site
Newly Qualified Accountant with Audit (or finalist) - About The Role
* Preparation of financial accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies, groups, charities and academies
* Preparing year end working paper files and assisting auditors
* Preparation of monthly or quarterly management accounts including posting journals of accruals, prepayments, depreciation and payroll. Preparation of control reconciliations and analytical review schedules.
* Maintenance of client’s accounting records and reconciliations including bookkeeping, processing of client data and dealing with queries.
* 50/50% Audit and accounts work
* Preparation of VAT returns
* Occasional audit work will also be required
The successful newly Qualified Accountant with Audit (or finalist) will have:
* ACCA/ACA qualified or almost qualified
* Minimum 3 years’ experience in an accountancy practice
* Good level of knowledge of accounting standards essential
* Expereince of manaing junior audit staff
* Experience of working on consolidated and Charities’ accounts desirable
* Experience of IRIS and Xero Software desirable
* Good IT knowledge and skills, particularly Excel
Newly Qualified Accountant with Audit ( or finalist)- Benefits
Benefits include free parking and excellent opportunities for progression
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days, please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)
Or check similar jobs