Our client is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing, and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, our client’s company currently has over 1,200 employees worldwide. They have recently launched the innovative Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused, and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Apply on Partner Site
As an Electronics Design Engineer you will be involved in the Design and testing of medical device lab rigs, product prototypes and technology being developed or commissioned by our client. You will also be required to work closely with R&D Scientists to maintain and trouble-shoot prototype product, technology or lab rigs being used in the lab test environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility
* Bring up and test of prototype designs or new technology.
* Responsible for designing circuits to meet EMC pass criteria and managing the EMC testing conducted externally.
* Knowledge and experience in the implementation of electronic safety standards applicable for products sold into the UK, EU and US.
* Experience of working in a regulated environment is highly desirable.
* Experience of low cost, low power, battery powered design approaches is desirable.
* Highly skilled in the use of the appropriate tools and techniques to bring up prototype/pre production designs
* Ability to identify and capture electronic design requirements.
* Ability to translate electronic product requirements into design specifications.
* Ability to develop and execute the required verification and validation activities needed to demonstrate n electronic design has met/has not met specification.
* Work in conjunction with the company’s Quality Policy and Quality Objectives
* Ensure trained on all appropriate procedures.
* Experience of working in an R&D environment
* Experience of working in a regulated industry (medical, defence, aerospace) highly desirable.
* Willingness to learn and develop skills relevant to the role.
To be successful in this role you must be a highly motivated individual that can demonstrate flexibility and a can-do attitude. You should ensure positive, productive, and proactive relationships with a range of internal and external key stakeholders
Degree in Electronic Engineering
Proficient in the use of the CAD package Altium for schematic capture, layout and BOM generation
Management of external PCB layout and prototype builds in accordance with project needs.
Proficient in Analog, Digital and mixed system electronics design
Experience in design of optical and electrochemical measurement systems
Or check similar jobs