Job Title: Hub Manager
Apply on Partner Site
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Zedify is shaking things up in the logistics sector by transforming the way first and last mile deliveries are done in cities. Our unique system for consolidated, zero emission deliveries ensures consumers get their items how and when they want, and is helping to create healthier, more liveable cities.
The purpose of this role is to:
* Manage all operational aspects of the Zedify hub including personnel
* Ensure we provide an exceptional quality of service to our customers
* Support the growth of the business by developing local leads
You'll share our ideals and ethos on sustainability and ethics, have a positive attitude and be motivated to make an immediate impact. We're a small business with big ambitions and you'll relish the challenges and opportunities that come with this.
We're after a dynamic operations person to lead our Brighton hub and help to make this great city better with our zero emission and ethical delivery service.
* Provide leadership and direction to all staff, in order that they deliver a quality service and remain motivated and happy.
* Organise staff rota, payroll and reviews as well as recruitment & training of new staff in line with volume of work.
* Deal with staff grievances and disciplinary issues as necessary
* Task riders effectively and ensure all deliveries are made to a high standard
* Ensure the hub is managed appropriately - H&S etc
* Ensure complaints are dealt with professionally
* Ensure we have a fleet of fully operational, clean and well-maintained vehicles
* Provide financial oversight of daily expenses, ensuring projects are within agreed budgets, and act as a responsible bank account signatory
* Develop, gain agreement to and implement business objectives
* Be responsible for hitting the growth targets of the business
* Ensure new customers are on boarded and looked after appropriately
* Utilise a range of appropriate communication channels to maximise the opportunity for business growth
* Develop our local customer base through social media
Who we're looking for:
This is an extremely varied role that would suit someone who enjoys a fast-paced and mixed working environment. You'll be the heart and soul of the local operation, leading the team of riders and liaising with our customers to provide them with the first class experience they expect.
You'll be a charismatic leader of teams and individuals, able to work under pressure while retaining a clear sense of perspective in challenging situations. You'll have a natural flair for instilling confidence in others and be able to identify, enthuse and develop staff's potential.
You'll need to be super organised and be able to analyse and prioritise competing demands. You'll have an entrepreneurial spirit and be keen to develop new business.
You'll need to be physically fit and be prepared to cycle to meetings appreciate rider needs and act as an emergency courier if needed.
A background in logistics would be a huge plus.
Finally, you'll want to make a difference and be part of a team that's excited about addressing big issues like climate change, and making our cities more liveable.
What to expect from us
If you are looking for a mission-focused business in a start up environment then Zedify may be the right place for you. At Zedify, you have the chance to fundamentally change the way deliveries are done in urban areas and together help create the healthier and more liveable cities of the future.
If you think this sounds exciting, we'd love to hear from you. Send us your cv right away, tell us why you are interested in this particular position and why Zedify feels like the right place for you.
We can offer a competitive salary, bonus and/or share options, cycle to work scheme as well as a great team culture to work with.
Please click the APPLY button and to submit your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Office Worker, Manager, Administrator, Admin Manager, Administrative Manager, Administrative Assistant, Business Administrator, Office Coordinator, Office Assistant, Administrator Manager, Senior Manager, Sales Executive, Sales Agent, Internal Sales Executive, Sales Consultant, Graduate Sales Executive, Key Account Manager, Business Development Executive, BDM, BDE, Business Development Manager, Sales, Lead Generation may also be considered for this role
Or check similar jobs