A very busy local authority based in Dorset are currently looking for an experienced and passionate Housing Options Officers to join their team on a 3-month contract basis to manage the frontline service and clear the current backlog of cases.
Apply on Partner Site
This role has been deemed 'Inside IR35' as it fits into the natural structure of the organisation.
This council's primary focus is to offer a customer friendly service that is centred around the client. It is therefore essential that you have exhibited customer service skills in your previous assignments. Training will be offered and so it is imperative that you are open to and willing to learn and potentially adapt to a different style of working to what you're used to. Working on the backlogs will require you to hold good time management skills and the ability to manage your own schedule.
About the role:
* Interview and complete housing needs assessments for your given speciality
* Complete backlog of casework
* Write concise and informed section 184 decision letter
* Create Personal Housing Plans to prompt prevention
* Provide appropriate advice and assistance on housing issues and to undertake action to prevent homelessness
* Effectively sign post clients to the appropriate service e.g. Money Advice
* Investigate cases of homelessness under Part VI & VII of the Housing Act 2002
* Essential that you have an up to date knowledge of legislation include the HRA My client is looking to interview ASAP.
If you have previous experience as a Housing Options / Homelessness Officer and are looking for your next move don't hesitate to get in touch
Or check similar jobs