What’s on offer for the Logistics/Yard Coordinator:
Apply on Partner Site
* Starting on £35,000
* Shift pattern
* On-site parking
* Company health care package
* Company pension
Sterling Recruitment Services have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Logistics/Yard Coordinator to join our clients brand new facility based in Middlesbrough. This is an exciting opportunity for a to build a career with a company that is growing rapidly and promotes from within. This company is quickly becoming the market leader within their industry.
* Be proactive in the company’s approach to H&S, ensure health & safety standards are met
* Aid in planning, managing and evaluating logistics operations liaising with internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics providers, transportation companies and customers.
* Support continuous improvement initiatives and identify inefficiencies and cost optimisation opportunities.
* Control weighbridge systems for receipts/despatches and processes to ensure effective stock control.
* Assist to ensure all site operations adhere to H&S laws, corporate guidelines, ISO and Environment requirements.
* Manage, and develop to a high standard agreed objectives and deliver best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
* Checking of incoming raw materials and outbound materials to ensure compliance with commercial contracts.
* Report and sign off on all processed batch weight totals.
* Supervise all yard movements and banksman duties.
* Gather and report on waste compliance data.
* Undertake any other duties as directed by management.
Overall purpose of the role:
To ensure control of receipts and despatches are that these are fully captured at the weighbridge. Ensure feedstock and finished products (including importing and exporting) are in the right location and on time to meet supplier and customer demand.
Assist within the logistic operations (imports and exports).
Assist the 3rd party distribution and transportation of goods from the suppliers to the customers. Yard supervision, stock control and batch control.
Work as part of a team that may involve some responsibility for the warehouse and production process. Manage information capture and ensure input onto company information systems. Deputise for the Logistics Manager when necessary.
Competencies and Qualifications:
* A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience
* Excellent organisational skills
* Solid understanding of logistics and inventory management
* Proactive and forward thinking
* Flexible and adaptable approach to day-to-day tasks with the ability to multi-task
* Understanding of logistics and inventory management software
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Outstanding analytical, problem solving and organisation skill
* Proficient with Microsoft packages (word, excel etc.)
* Ability to work autonomously and make decisions under Company guidelines
Or check similar jobs