Progress Schools, a nationally recognised Alternative Education provider, are looking to recruit a National Head of PE to start as soon as possible.
Apply on Partner Site
We provide opportunities for children who need a safe space outside of home and who need adults around them who provide both a nurturing, encouraging and supportive environment. Progress Schools are small but perfectly formed, having on average about 30-45 pupils on roll.
If successful, you would have a home teaching base in one of our geographical clusters of schools and spend part of the week travelling to support and lead the learning of your subject in the other 12 schools.
The Schools are located in:
* North East - Middlesbrough
* North West - Carlisle, Greater Manchester, Liverpool & Birkenhead
* Midlands - Northamptonshire & Wolverhampton
* South - High Wycombe and Croydon
Benefits offered by Progress Schools:
* Car allowance of £300 per month
* Expenses either contributed to or paid for
* Paid to scale plus TLR
Expectations within the role:
* To teach and lead the learning in your subject
* To travel between the schools in line with teaching requirements
* Train, mentor and assist teachers in the pedagogy, teaching and knowledge of your subject
* Manage the Programme of Studies in your subject across all Progress Schools.
Requirements before applying to the role:
* Minimum experience as Subject Leader, Second in Department, Head of Department, ideally Head of Faculty
* To have a degree in your chosen subject and either QTS or QTLS (or an overseas equivalent)
* Proven track record of raising attainment
Our client's sole focus is to help young people secure positive progressions into Further Education, work-based learning or employment. Therefore, there would be further expectations to:
* Contribute to a positive ethos for learning.
* Overtly promote the values and achievements of the school to the community.
* To be aware of and follow the company Equality, Safeguarding and Health and Safety Policies.
* Have and create high expectations of staff and students.
We would love to hear from applicants who are passionate about working with young people who need support for their positive change and peers with the same mindset.
* Closing Date: Wednesday 26th January
* Shortlisting Date: Friday 28th January
* Interview Date: Week of 31st January & 7th February
If you are interested in this role please apply
Or check similar jobs