Our client based in Bristol have an exciting new opportunity for an Internal Sales Executive to join them on a permanent basis.
Apply on Partner Site
Main duties of the Internal Sales Executive include:
To be the main point of contact on the sales counter, serving customers over the phone and in person efficiently and professionally within a retail and trade environment.
Key Role Responsibilities:
* Working on the trade counter serving retail/trade customers
* Process orders via telephone and in person
* Pro-active Sales including cold calling
* Retail/ Trade Customer facing duties, ensure customers are served quickly and efficiently
* Inbound/outbound calls; customer feedback, inquiries etc.
* Follow up on quotes & outstanding orders
* Merchandising & stock replenishment in the sales counter area
* Provide a high level of customer service to ensure clients complete satisfaction.
* Business Development
* Generate revenue according to specific targets.
* Expand/diversify/condense the product range.
* Any other reasonable duty to ensure the smooth running of the counter sales department, which could include working on the weighbridge.
* Daily Banking/End of day procedures
* Ensure display areas are always maintained and presented professionally
* Ensure that our product/service offering is maximized to existing customers and that cross selling is attempted
Key Skills and Abilities:
* Able to work under pressure in a calm and professional manner.
* Able to talk to a range of customers – from a builder to ‘a retail customer who has no prior knowledge of our products.
* IT skills, including Word and Excel.
* Having an eye for detail, especially when using sales order processing.
* Self-motivated, and ambitious with high standards, with a ‘can do’ approach
* Be comfortable working as part of a team
* Be a good team worker demonstrating loyalty, helpfulness, cooperation and commitment to the organization and team members
* Be an effective communicator to your peers, customers, suppliers as well as company Directors and senior management team from whom there is contact.
* Be reliable and have good time keeping/ punctuality.
* Flexibility to work between the weighbridge and the counter
* Take responsibility for the image of the company.
Knowledge and Experience:
* An understanding of hard landscape products, building products and knowledge of calculating requirements based on requirements ideal but not essential
* Experience in working within a landscape/Builder’s merchant environment an advantage, but training will be given.
* Proven track record in a sales environment.
* Excellent customer service and communication skills via email, on the phone and face-to-face.
Working hours for the Internal Sales Executive:
Working days are 11 days per fortnight i.e., 5 days and 6 days. 30 minutes lunch break, weekend work will be required
Monday to Friday 07.00 to 16.30
Saturday 07.00 to 13.00
Monday to Friday 07.30 to 17.30
Saturday 07.00 to 16.00
Sunday 10.00 to 16.00
Holidays 21 days holiday + bank holidays for first year (29 days) increasing to 25 days after 1 years’ service plus Bank Holidays. (33 days)
Bank Holiday work may be required.
Immediate start available.
References will be required together with documentation relating to any qualifications
Salary: £24,000.00 to £26,000.00 per year
If you would like to apply for this role then please send a copy of your cv through today
Or check similar jobs