Supply Chain Manager required for an exciting opportunity in a well-established company in Colchester. The Supply Chain Manager will ensure, through short, medium, and long-term strategy planning linked with SMART KPI’s that the Supply Chain Executives and Inventory Control teams identify key improvements internally and externally. In your role as Supply Chain manager, you will supervise the Inventory Control, Supply Chain Executive team and procurement business administrator to ensure alignment with overall departmental and business strategy, ensuring continual improvements to inventory, Supply Chain Executive processes and functions based on customer needs and departmental strategy.
Apply on Partner Site
* Proactively promote best business practices across Inventory, Supply Chain and Admin teams by leading by example and setting clear strategies in conjunction with the Procurement Manager.
* Actively work with all concerned stakeholders to review and suggest changes to buying patterns linked to stock replenishment to create a commercially balanced stock profile that is reactive to sales trends, market conditions and supply chain changes.
* Build on and improve collaboration between inventory control and buying teams to ensure supply chain actions are fit for purpose and commercially advantageous
* Act as escalation point for internal/external supply chain issues and commercial opportunities
* Manage and provide cover for holidays
* Support Procurement Manager and procurement department with any other aligned departmental goals as required by the business.
* Must possess experience in inventory control and supply chain management
* Experience in global distribution supply chain
* Proven experience in setting SMART KPI’s and using outputs to drive tactile and strategic decisions
* Coaching and staff development linked to situational leadership
* CIPS Qualified
* Proven negotiation experience
* Ability to handle large volumes of transactions
* Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and prioritise tasks with strict deadlines
Benefits to you
* £25,000 to £35,000 pa
* 40 per week, working Monday to Friday, 08:30 to 17:30
If you have not heard back from us within 10 days your application has been unsuccessful
Or check similar jobs