Could you be our next Electrical Engineer? We are a Kent-based amusement machine manufacturer, on the hunt for a talented and ambitious individual to join our knowledgeable development team.
Apply on Partner Site
Kent, CT10 2LF
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000 per year
Full Time, Permanent Role (39hrs a week)
Knowledge of Raspberry Pi PCB Desirable
On-Site Parking Available
Full COVID-19 PPE & Testing Available
Please note: Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
We are Harry Levy Amusements, a UK-leading manufacturer of amusement arcade machines, including coin-operated pusher games, amongst many others.
Founded in 1980, we have over 41 years of heritage and experience, having developed from humble beginnings into the widely and well-established brand it is today. We diversified into novelty games, cranes and redemption machines in the 1980s, as well as developing our role in importing and distributing coin-operated arcade machines (mostly from America and China).
We’re looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our development department. This role will involve the design and manufacture of arcade machines.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will be involved with:
* Designing arcade machines.
* Manufacturing arcade machines.
* Regular loom designing.
* Working with printed circuits and computers.
* Providing knowledgeable and professional support and assistance to customers over the telephone if they have a technical problem with a machine.
* Regular understanding of the electrical components in imported machines (from the USA and China).
* Working with Raspberry Pi PCB.
* Providing a friendly, efficient and professional service at all times.
The Ideal Candidate
To be eligible for this fantastic Electrical Engineer role, you should have the following skills/qualifications:
* You should have a flair and/passion for design and the manufacture of machinery.
* You should be an excellent problem solver – this job requires regular diagnosing of electrical faults.
* You should be willing to learn about the design specifications of imported coin-operated arcade machinery.
* You should be patient and always willing to fix a fault.
* You should have a confident and professional telephone manner to deal with electrical faults over the telephone.
* Any experience with Raspberry Pi PCB, printed circuits and loom designing would be highly beneficial.
* You should be an excellent verbal and written communicator.
* A practical background in working with machinery would be beneficial.
* Any qualifications such as an HNC, HND, BTEC or NVQ would also be beneficial (but not essential).
* You should have good GCSEs in Maths and English (or equivalent).
* You should be organised and level-headed when faced with difficult problems.
* Competitive salary.
* On-site parking.
* Excellent COVID-19 protection (access to PPE and regular testing).
* Chance to learn and develop your service engineering career with a friendly, talented team.
How to apply for the Electrical Engineer role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, click “apply” today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any supporting documents.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other suitable skills and experience includes: Electrical Manufacturer, Electrical Technician, Electrical Fitter, Machinery Fitter, Electrical Operator, Field Service Engineer, Electrical Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Automation and Controls Engineer
Or check similar jobs