Avantor, a Fortune 500 company, is a leading global provider of mission-critical products and services to customers in the biopharma, healthcare, education & government, and advanced technologies & applied materials industries. Our portfolio is used in virtually every stage of the most important research, development, and production activities in the industries we serve.
Apply on Partner Site
We are currently looking for a temporary Global In-House Engineering (IHE) Coordinator to join our MESM Team in Chorley for 6 months.
At MESM we provide a global service tailored to our customer’s individual needs whereby we will source medical equipment for their study and offer options for hire and purchase. In addition, we will manage and monitor the equipment through full life cycle management.
Working hours: Monday-Friday office / flexible hours
What you'll do on a typical day:
Performing a combination, but not necessarily all, of the following duties:
* Supporting the IHE to troubleshoot, conduct root cause analysis and identify corrective actions for instrument-related issues. Direct interactions with customers will be managed by the Customer team.
* Self-management of schedule and work priorities to ensure that urgent internal / external customer requirements are addressed appropriately, and customer satisfaction is optimised.
* Maintaining regular communication with line manager, Customer personnel (SPM’s), and commercial team members for any customer matters requiring attention.
* Assisting with the coordination of technical training of internal and external Service personnel at partner organisations
* Working within the Company’s Support and Service processes to ensure that all customer contractual and non-contractual commitments are met.
* Monitoring KPIs and working on continuously improving them (e.g., OTIF, TAT, mean time between failures, etc.).
* Working closely with Sourcing, analysing, and reporting on failure trends; suggesting and implementing improvement measures.
* Support the management of our loaner instrument pool.
* Managing and maintaining spare part stock.
* Assisting in the development of instrument service documentation, in conjunction with engineering specialists. Assisting in the identification and development of service tools and test equipment.
* Ability to self-monitor, regulate, and manage one’s own schedule
* You will be responsible for the co-ordination of customer & internal requests for in-house engineering service records, calibration documentation, working within our in-house engineering team to provide the requested documents to the internal / external customers in a timely manner
* Work collaboratively to develop and undertake audit to continually improve the effective service, calibration, repair & use of medical devices.
* Support the GSM (Global Service Manager) in relation to audits, tracing missing equipment, investigating non-conformances, audit of service records.
* Carry out administrative duties relating to MDR (Medical Device Records) including document management, audit and creation ensuring they are easily accessible.
* There is a comprehensive range of work instructions and procedures some of which are not routine but may require a high level of concentration and detail.
What you'll need to succeed at Avantor:
* Demonstrable experience of achieving success in the customer service or hospitality industry
* Confidence when speaking to customers both over the phone and on video calls
* Strong organisational and accuracy skills.
* Excellent professional communication skills – written and oral
* You can work with MS Office.
* You have efficient administration skills with the ability to maintain records in a timely and accurate manner.
It would also be an advantage if you:
* have worked within the healthcare / pharmaceutical / engineering sector
* experience if complex spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel formulae & databases would be desirable.
* Experience of MS office 365
* have played a pro-active role in a project team before
* have experience in using ERP systems (SAP as an example)
* have a science related degree
* are fluent in a second or third language
* able to work from home should the need arise
What we offer?:
Here at Avantor, we focus on you. Along with a competitive salary, you wil be given full support within the day and exposure to an interesting business that will only serve to benefit your future ambitions
Or check similar jobs