Midway Care Group specialise in providing services for people with learning disabilities who may also have additional needs. We work collaboratively with individuals, families and service commissioners to support people to live within the community, either in a transitional residential service or a supported living service.
Apply on Partner Site
‘Our aim is to provide specialised residential and transitional services to individuals with learning disabilities and associated needs in an environment where rights, independence and choice are our focus - we pride ourselves on providing person-centred care and support, which is flexible and responsive.’
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our continually expanding organisation, as a Support Worker, for day OR waking night shifts in our BRAND NEW 16 bedded Supported Living service based in the Atherstone area of Warwickshire.
Reporting directly to a Locality Manager, - This is a full-time, (35hrs per week; The nature of the job will require flexible hours, including some weekend hours.) You will provide direct and day to day person-centred support for adults with learning disabilities (including Autism), complex care needs and behaviours of concern. This position may also include personal care duties.
The ideal candidate will ensure the individuals we support receive a personalised service which meets and continually responds to their changing needs, whilst also working to maintain quality and compassion towards those we support. As part of your role, as a Support Worker you will be expected to carry out duties such as; personal care needs, meal planning, activities, community support, along with any further daily living tasks as required. You will be caring, compassionate, have a fantastic work ethic and be able to work on your own initiative, whilst following the support and care plans provided for the people we support.
* Previous care experience, ideally within a similar role – working with adults with learning disabilities / autism / mental health issues.
* Practical experience working with people with behaviours of concern.
* Be able to complete our physical intervention training and be prepared to utilise this, if and when required.
* Fully flexible, across 7 days as all shifts are worked on a rota basis. (This will include weekends)
* Be willing and able to participate in daily activities which could include swimming, bowling, arts & crafts etc.
* Be able to follow a detailed care plan along with completing daily logs.
* Hourly pay rate of £9.10 per hour (Overtime paid at £9.60 per hour)
* Opportunity to complete your NVQ Level 2 on successful completion of your probation period.
* Genuine career progression opportunities within an established and growing organisation.
* On-going training and development.
* Staff incentive schemes with possible reward earning potential.
* Supported by an experienced management and staff team.
Are you a dynamic and forward-thinking individual who is looking for a new challenge? If so – we want to hear from you. Don’t delay - Apply today
Or check similar jobs