Apply on Partner Site
HEALTH CARE ASSISTANT / SUPPORT WORKER
RESPONSIBLE TO: MANAGER & STAFF NURSES
*DON'T DELAY APPLY TODAY*
[Area: Luton, Dunstable, Bedfordshire]
Our clients range from large Nursing and Care Organisations through to small independent specialist elderly care services. Within a variety of service user groups including Residential, Dementia, EMI and Nursing, we are looking for candidates that possess the following attributes;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to work on your own initiative;
- Good communication skills.
Duties are not limited to, but may include:
- To assist residents who need help with dressing, undressing bathing and the toilet. Ensure the residents are clean and appropriately dressed at all times.
- To help residents with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including incontinence. To assist residents in the use of their mobility aids and personal equipment.
- To care for residents who become unwell temporarily, and needing, for example to be nursed in bed, or fed etc.
- To help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of the residents, through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations. Encourage participation within the local community.
- To make and change beds, tidy rooms, and do light cleaning, empty commodes and urine bottles.
- To ensure residents clothing is clean, free from holes or tears. To keep residents clothing tidy in the wardrobes and put clean clothing away.
- To set tables and trays, serve meals, feed residents who need help, prepare drinks when necessary, tidy and clear the dining room after each meal. Ensure residents are clean after each meal. Assist with taking them to the toilet.
- To promptly answer call bells, the front door, the telephone and welcome visitors, asking them sign the visitor’s book. Offer them refreshments upon arrival.
- Any other duties as necessary
Or check similar jobs