Apply on Partner Site
You will feel valued as a Band 7 practice development Nurse with HCRG Care Group, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
* AfC Band 7 salary and NHS terms and conditions –consideration will be given to the right candidate as a develpmental role in Band 6 and once teaching qualification acheive will become the Band 7.
* including an NHS pension
* 5% high cost area allowance
* Flexible working to provide you with that true work / life balance
* Access to our Strive for Better networks, a national support and professional network made up of NHS professionals like you, giving you the chance to constantly develop industry-leading care and quality
* Access to Reward Gateway - our staff benefits scheme which grants you access to premium offers and discounts on practical spending at national supermarkets and well known retailers as well as special treats like Virgin Experience Days and Leisure Vouchers
* Access to our free well-being service available 24/7/365 online and by telephone including; counsellors, post trauma incident support, legal, debt and practical life management helpline, guided self-help, telephonic career coaching and monthly well-being newsletters
* We are pleased to offer access to Wagestream - which lets you track your pay throughout the month and stream your earned wages into your bank account if you need them. No more high-interest loans or overdraft fees - simply get paid as you go.
* A committed Learning and Development team who work closely with Universities and Health Education England to further your potential and support your progression
* Access to a range of courses and e-learning to develop further skills, bespoke career pathways and opportunities continuing your professional development
* Innovative forward-thinking culture with the opportunity to put forward your ideas to contribute to the way we work. You will be encouraged to apply for national funding to drive your initiatives locally to benefit our patients and service users
* Rewarding and supportive teams, you will be recognised and have opportunities to recognise others by nominating for local and national awards annually and taking part in our new virtual “Ask our Executives” event, where you can submit questions to the board and hear updates regularly on company strategy and objectives
* Working in an environment focused on the highest clinical and quality standards with 100% of our rated services considered overall good or outstanding by the Care Quality Commission.
We're looking for a Band 7 practice development Nurse with an RGN qualification and license to practice to join our innovative and passionate teams based in North Kent covering the four inpatient wards, with services in Dartford, Gravesend, Sittingbourne and Sheppey. Consideration will be given to the right candidate with the view to achieve the teaching qualification and gain the band 7 position.
Within this role, you will:
* Previous experience in practice development
* Maintain a high standard of pat
* Maintain a safe and clean working environment
* Provide assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care for patients, ensuring accurate written records are kept, in accordance with comptency and the NMC code for Record Keeping.
* Communicate with Staff and patients to ensure they have access to appropriate information
* Promote and maintain positive relationships between all staff
* Act in accordance with the Nursing and Midwifery Council Code of Conduct
Proven ability to work autonomously
Significant experience in relevant clinical practice in an in-patient setting
Passionate about education as a tool to improve quality of care and support professional practice.
Flexibable working to accomadate and capture all staff.
The Ideal Candidate
The Practice Development Nurse will provide a pivotal role in ensuring alignment of organisational practice development within the in-patient wards for the Community Hospitals providing education and training activities for all staff. The post holder is required to support informed investment of educational resources in meeting service needs and priorities that benefits patients and staff. In addition, the post holder will lead in the identification of education and training needs of staff and plan, implement and evaluate educational activities for students, new starters and existing members of non-medical staff (Band 1-8) within the HCRG Care Group Community Hospitals.
You will also need to be confident using IT systems and be able to demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel
Or check similar jobs