Payroll Elite are partnered with a leading international organisation to recruit a Payroll Associate to join their large friendly team responsible for producing its UK Payrolls on a 12 month contract covering maternity leave. This role is a Hybrid working.
Apply on Partner Site
What the successful candidate will be doing:
* Preparation and checking of high volume payrolls to help ensure that employees are paid accurately and on time.
* Working flexibly to set deadlines.
* Following detailed payroll checking procedures across all areas such as report production, payroll checking and correction, sickness processing, etc.
* Maintaining an allocation of stores by processing information received from People and Culture teams and providing an excellent service to all our customers.
* Learning and applying HMRC/Revenue legislation and company rules on calculating and entering company & statutory payments.
* Administration of new starters and leavers including processing starter declarations.
* Dealing with correspondence enquiries in a timely and efficient manner from stores, HMRC/Revenue and other third parties.
* Processing attachment of earnings orders.
* Calculating and administering holiday pay entitlement.
* Administering pension deductions and assisting with pension correspondence and queries.
* Learning to calculate small numbers of manual payments and repayments.
* Administration tasks such as filing and post-sorting.
* Writing and producing reports using a reporting system and using MS Excel to carry out some day to day duties.
* Learning new tasks associated with payroll processing and systems with a view to role development.
* In due course taking on additional responsibility for other tasks performed by the team (for example, international payroll support).
What we are looking for in a candidate:
Previous experience in a payroll position though full training can be offered to candidates demonstrating a ‘can do’, positive attitude.
Successful candidates will possess 5 or more GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent), be accurate and flexible and be comfortable working in a busy environment.
The ideal individual will be:
A competent team player with a positive attitude.
Organised with good attention to detail.
Motivated by ensuring high standards of performance and quality of work achieved.
Able to work in a fast paced environment whilst maintaining accuracy.
* Competitive salary
* Hybrid working
* 37.5 hours per week – choose when your work day starts and finishes outside of the core hours of 09.30hrs – 16.30hrs
* Option to finish from 14:00hrs on a Friday and start your weekend early
* You can build up a day off (like overtime but only if required)
* Healthcare: BUPA Corporate Scheme
* Pension: Contributory Pension Scheme;
* Annual Leave: 27 days p.a. plus 8 paid bank holidays with the opportunity to buy an additional 5 days annual leave at beginning of holiday year
* Additional Benefits: Tax Saver Tickets Scheme, Subsidised Cafeteria, Fitness Centre, Employee Assistance Programme and Online Learning & Development Courses
Or check similar jobs