Air Conditioning Engineer
Apply on Partner Site
In your new role as an Air Conditioning Engineer, you will be efficiently operating and maintaining new and existing building AC/HVAC services, carrying out Planned Preventative Maintenance & Reactive Maintenance on HVAC appliances, carry out diagnostic checks and fault finding. Undertake general maintenance tasks from time to time including basic plumbing and fabric tasks. Participate in out of hours call out rota and complete all work-related documentation accurately on time.
* Routine PPM tasks in accordance with the SFG20 framework.
* Reactive maintenance and electrical repairs or Air conditioning repairs as required.
* Minor new works and complete required certification as necessary
* Proactive when on site.
* Willing to undertake other duties in line with contract deliverables.
* Procure materials and equipment to carry out works through the Supervisor or Manager.
* Be available to carry out necessary works outside normal hours from time to time.
* Supporting contract mobilisation and change management.
* Maximise the use and compliance to the mobile technology (Smartphone / tablet).
* Adherence and promotion of the company and willingness to win work
* Ensure clients operational procedures are always adhered to.
* Obtain appropriate authorisation for access into restricted areas from the client’s representative as and when required.
* Complete risk assessments and worksheets for works undertaken and obtain authorisation from the Clients representative.
* Supply front line level detail to assist with the quote process
What we are looking for
Experience of maintenance, testing and fault finding on a variety of equipment including HVAC systems and lighting is desirable.
Refrigeration or Air Conditioning Specific Qualification (Not being F-Gas) such as the following:
NVQ level 2 or 3 in Air Conditioning and Small Refrigeration.
City & Guilds Refrigeration and Air-conditioning (7189) Level 2 or 3
City & Guilds Refrigeration, air-conditioning and heat pump systems (6090) Level 3 only.
F-Gas Category 1 (City & Guilds 2079, was 2078 Safe Handling of Refrigerants)
Time served in an Air Con specific service role (not installation), likely to be at least 5 years.
Experience with Packaged or Air handling equipment preferable, as well as split type systems.
Experience working on commercial equipment, not domestic Installers.
C&G 236 Part 1 & 2.
BS7671 Electrical Regulations. (desired)
C&G 2391 Electrical inspection and Testing (desired).
Ideally served a recognised trade training scheme.
Be pro-active and have the ability to anticipate and/or diagnose and repair faults.
Ability to record work accurately on work sheets and computer-based systems.
Flexibility and adaptability to change / flexible approach to work and working hours (subject to the EU Working Time Directive).
Pro-active and positive approach to work.
Must have sound interpersonal skills with attention to detail.
Provide excellent customer service to building occupants, ensuring they are made aware of work order progress in a timely manner.
Good understanding of current Health & Safety legislation and its application within role.
Good knowledge of building Statutory Compliance.
Able to carry tools and equipment by hand up to 20kg.
Able to ascend/descend vertical access equipment; able to work at height.
Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service.
Must hold a full UK driving licence
Or check similar jobs