M & A Doocey is a multi-disciplined, groundworks, civil engineering and utility contractor operating nationally.
Apply on Partner Site
Providing a range of utility and civil engineering services including multi-utilities, we continue to diversify and reinforce our reputation for delivering quality you can build on.
Established for more than 40 years, we are framework partners with Severn Trent Water, South Staffordshire Water and Western Power Distribution; driven by a commitment to maintaining and developing solid client relationships.
More recently, we have opened our multi-utility division and have begun to establish ourselves in a diverse and competitive market working for companies such as Persimmon Homes and Redrow Homes to name a few.
As a Graduate Multi Utility Estimator, you will be supporting the Estimating team in driving the Estimating process to deliver best value for money project estimates. Contribute to improved project margins, and enhanced client experience. The successful candidate will receive mentoring and full in-house training in the position.
What you will be responsible for?
Reporting to the Senior Estimating Manager, duties and responsibilities will include:
* Support estimating manager as required.
* Support estimating team as required.
* Assist with evaluating project scope and define client requirements at enquiry stage.
* Prepare estimates (for approval by Senior Estimator) using first principles methodology built up using Doocey Group company estimating software and resource libraries (RIB CCS Candy)
* Complete tasks for and assist with tender completions/submissions
* Prepare supporting documentation for estimates using various software packages: design sketches, take-offs, BoQs, submission documents for effective communication at review/ adjudication and post tender stages.
* Compile estimates (for approval by Senior Estimator) with careful consideration for due diligence, commercial integrity, and rigorous attention to detail.
* Manage re-quotes and tender amendments as requested by the client, BDM or estimating manager.
* Prepare (for approval by Senior Estimator) commercially approved tender documents as required.
* Compile (for approval by Senior Estimator) comprehensive handover documents and attend estimating/operations handover meetings upon contract award.
* Take part in regular liaison with operations and commercial functions for feedback and estimating
* Function improvements based on operational performance when compared to base estimates and allowable costings.
* Carry out tender price analysis and normalisation to establish winning strategy to beat competition.
* Establish and promote safety, health, environmental and quality best practice in line with Doocey Group policy and company guidelines.
* Promote collaborative and inclusive working culture
What Knowledge, Skills & Abilities do you require?
* Educated to graduate level with a qualification in Business, Economics, Maths, or a relevant degree.
* Ability to work independently when required.
* Excellent communication (written and verbal) and numerical skills.
* Computer literate to a high standard.
* The successful candidate will welcome the opportunity to grow and learn within a fast-paced multi-utility environment.
* Able to work in a detailed, meticulous, and accurate manner.
* Able to work calmly and accurately even when under pressure and working to tight deadlines.
* Proficient in use of Microsoft software packages; Excel, Project, Word
And in return you will receive!
* Competitive salary based on experience.
* Training course as a minimum to support development.
Electric: 2339 City & Guilds Transmission and distribution
Gas: SG2 Design of low-pressure Gas Distribution mains and extensions
Doocey Group value a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of any protected characteristics
Or check similar jobs