Production Factory Operator (electrical)
Apply on Partner Site
Full training provided, working for a leading international producer of high spec electrical components. A great opportunity for an individual with the right attitude to become a highly trained production operator.
The Production Operator (Semi-Skilled Electrical Wireperson) will be required to carry out the manufacture of electrical assemblies within the production department, in accordance with the appropriate product certification procedures, defined workmanship standards and timescales to meet departmental objectives. You will be trained to be multi skilled to enable you to be skilled to work on any of our Production lines.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
* Electrical wiring and assembly in a quality assured environment, using electrical drawings, wiring schedules and schematics.
* Assembly work using microscopes.
* Part and product preparation.
* Ensure manufacturing build times are met.
* Check and complete all paperwork associated with the manufacturing data pack.
* Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality.
* Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process.
* Maintain a safe working environment.
* Follow company housekeeping policy.
* Be willing to contribute to an environment of process improvement.
* Accurately log on and off the bar coding Glovia ERP system for each job process.
* Follow and adhere to AirBorn’s policies & procedures onsite.
* Undertake additional duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and as instructed by the Team Leader/Production Manager.
Qualifications & Experience:
* Ideally experience as a wire person. However, full training will be provided to all employees who do not have relevant experience.
* Ideally educated to GCE “O” level standard or equivalent preferably in English, Maths and a Science subject.
* IPC 620 certified/trained would be desirable although full training will be provided.
* Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks.
* Have basic knowledge of equipment, tools and measuring instruments associated with the manufacturing of electrical wiring and cable assembly.
* Ability to work on intricate and small assemblies.
* Ability to read and interrupt electrical drawings, schematics, and instructions
We provide full and comprehensive training for this role so if you do not have the desirable skills you will be trained in these skills.
This position requires access to or use of information which is subject to the US federal International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All employees in this position must be legally entitled to work within the United Kingdom and hold a current EU Passport.
The working days are Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm or 7am to 3pm shift. 23 days holiday plus bank holidays plus pension, bonus, EAP, great training offered.
starting salary £20,007pa rising to £20,377 after 6 months and then up to £21,450 after 12 months and then annual pay reviews after 12 months
Or check similar jobs