A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
Apply on Partner Site
WHAT TO EXPECT
A SERP engineer is responsible for the assessment and development of Vehicle and Powertrain programme design proposals through the virtual series gateways to ensure they meet our attribute requirements and targets.
The primary aims of SERP engineering are Customer Satisfaction, Warranty Cost Reduction, minimisation of maintenance and repair costs and Product Reputation to ensure future business success for Jaguar Land Rover.
Working early in a product design life cycle, SERP engineers carry out feasibility assessments to understand the serviceability of the product/programme from an efficiency of repair perspective. SERP engineers represent the Service organisation when there is a significant concern/issue in the design engineering communities.
The role will provide the successful candidate with an exciting opportunity to experience whole vehicle engineering and provide exposure to the key areas that influence vehicle development.
Main Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
* Support the creation and technical validation of scheduled and reactive feasibility assessments on vehicle and powertrain programme proposals for potential Serviceability issues through the relevant virtual series gateways using virtual engineering toolsets.
* Carry out digital tooling feasibility assessments (Standard Workshop Tooling, Special Service Tooling and Workshop Equipment).
* Create withdrawal path feasibility volumes and analyse the results.
* Using digital ergonomic manikins assess vehicle package access feasibility to serviceable components and customer touch points.
* Assess complex component removal feasibility assessments in the Virtual Innovation Centre.
* Author removal and installation processes to the trust mark authoring standards.
* Liaise with Service representative(s) from the Service PAT Leader team in support of building robust serviceability issue(s) cases and programme planning.
* Represent the Service organisation in the design engineering communities, in forums such as Package Meetings, Must Resolves, Design Reviews and Virtual Build Events.
* Communicate feasibility issues to the product development teams and recommend change(s).
* Physical verification on prototype vehicles.
* Create complex labour/operation times to support issue escalation and DPA4 requirement targets.
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
As the SERP Engineer, you'll need the following skills & experience:
* Whole vehicle knowledge, a good working knowledge of vehicles and vehicle systems and an understanding of the latest vehicle technologies is essential.
* Self-motivated, natural problem-solver, with the ability to investigate, analyse and implement effective solutions - focussed on delivering results.
* Able to deliver quality and consistency in a complex, highly demanding environment.
* Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
* Good level of IT literacy and the ability to analyse and present data using IT systems and Microsoft Tool skill sets
* A flexible approach to job responsibilities and working hours.
* To be a self-motivated confident team player who is capable of working on your own initiative or as part of a team to resolve a wide variety of technical issues.
* The ability to work closely with design and development teams to find appropriate and robust solutions.
* Degree level in an appropriate technical discipline along with good automotive serviceability knowledge preferred. But significant relevant experience would be considered.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At Jaguar Land Rover, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles
Or check similar jobs