Are you looking to develop your skills and grow your career? Why not join a business on the same journey? Following a recent acquisition and a continued period of growth we are on the look out for a driven, ambitious and hands on Assistant Accountant to help with our financial management. If this sounds like you and you would like to join an established business on an upward trajectory, apply now!
Apply on Partner Site
Basic Salary: Up to £35,000
·22 days holiday (increasing 1 day a year up to 25) + bank holidays
·Company bonus scheme
Based: at our head office in Warwickshire (on Worcestershire border)
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Stratford upon Avon, Bidford-on-Avon, Redditch, Worcester, Evesham, Cheltenham, Shipston-on-Stour
Responsibility Overview: Assistant Accountant, Management Accountant - Distribution, Chemicals or Adhesives
This newly created Assistant Accountant role will provide a direct support function to the Finance and Operations Director and play a crucial role in providing high quality financial analysis and reporting.
You will also be responsible for:
· Working closely with the Finance and Operations Director and accounts team to guarantee accurate reporting of all information
· Fixed asset management
· Financial Analysis and preparation of management information
· Timely production of monthly management accounts
· Ensure internal controls are adhered to
· Ad-hoc reports/projects and analysis
· General day to day cashbook, purchase ledger and sales ledger work
· Oversee the current accounts team of 2
Person Brief: Assistant Accountant, Management Accountant - Distribution, Chemicals or Adhesives
We would be delighted to receive applications from experienced Management Accountants or ambitious Assistant Accountants who can confidently engage with our senior management team to provide added value analysis so that actual and forecast performance is clearly understood.
You will also be:
· CIMA, ACCA, ACA & AAT qualified would be our preference, however part qualified, or QBE will also be considered in this role
· Have demonstrable experience of working within a finance team
· Hands on and driven with a genuine interest in understanding how a business works
· Comfortable assisting with the management of a small team (currently 2) and happy to go the extra mile for the organisation
· An advanced user of Excel, ideally knowledge of Business Central 365 (Microsoft Dynamics) and comfortable with high levels of collation for reporting purposes
We are part of an established FTSE 250 listed, worldwide distributor of industrial supplies and components on an exciting upward journey. Due to our continued growth and acquisition, we are expanding our existing Finance team at our busy facility in Warwickshire. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and hands on individual who is able to work on their own initiative alongside being part of a bigger team.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Management Accountant, Assistant Accountant - distribution, industrial materials, reporting, process improvement, internal controls.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgment of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: MJ16711, Wallace Hind Selection
Or check similar jobs