Apply on Partner Site
Our Opening and Your Responsibilities
Mettler-Toledo Safeline X-ray is an ambitious company with high growth targets. We are recruiting for an Electronics Manager to join the engineering team. The role will be based at our new Global Centre of Excellence for X-Ray Inspection in Royston.
The Electronics Manager will head up a small team of Electronics Design Engineers. Working on both new and existing designs the Electronics Manager will have the overall responsibility for ensuring that all electronic systems are fit for purpose in terms of functionality, quality, cost and reliability.
The Electronics Manager will collaborate closely with other functions to ensure the development and maintenance of robust design processes. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to work in an ambitious company and have a high degree of autonomy in their role.
Key responsibilities include:
* Own the electronics design process; ensuring that it remains fit for purpose and is correctly applied.
* Lead engineers in the Electronics team and provide hands-on design when required, provide mentoring and coaching to the team.
* Act as the technical authority for electronics design for both in-house and bought in sub-systems.
* Provide direct input to the sub-system roadmaps, leading to a portfolio of electronic systems that can be sustained and scaled at industrial quality levels as the business continues to grow.
* Collaborate with other business areas and project leaders to produce detailed technical requirements and specifications for electronic sub-systems.
* Own the quality of electronic designs, systems and components, enabling the business to achieve industrial levels of quality for PCBs.
What You Need to Succeed
* Degree in Electronics Engineering.
* Strong level of experience working on similar complex products, ideally a background within the automotive, defence or aerospace industries.
* Design experience in digital electronics for industrial / commercial products where cost, quality and reliability are paramount.
* Design experience in analogue power and high voltage electronics for industrial / commercial products where cost, quality and reliability are paramount.
* Strong experience in mentoring/ coaching/ leading a team.
* Hands-on design experience of at least two full product lifecycles
Our Offer to You
* Competitive Salary
* Employee bonus scheme
* Life assurance
* 25 days holiday + bank holidays
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Work in a state of the art building
About Mettler Toledo
METTLER TOLEDO is a leading global supplier of precision instruments and services. We are recognized as an innovation leader and our solutions are critical in key R&D, quality control, and manufacturing processes for customers in a wide range of industries including life sciences, food, and chemicals. We operate throughout the world with a culture shaped by innovation and international flair.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We promote equal opportunity worldwide and value diversity in our teams in terms of business background, area of expertise, gender and ethnicity. For more information on our commitment to Sustainability, Diversity and Equal Opportunity please visit us here
For those who prioritize precision, Mettler Toledo is precisely where you belong
Or check similar jobs