General Responsibilities of the role:
Apply on Partner Site
* Liaison with client, stakeholders and third parties.
* Provide guidance to and mentoring to team members.
* Engage in Early Contractor Involvement with subcontractors.
* Ensure the build complies with health and safety regulations and CDM requirements.
* Demonstrate a detailed understanding of all schemes activities through Target Cost, ECI, build and handover.
* Build responsibility for projects and quality of product delivered on the ground.
* Working with the Supply Chain to ensure levels of service in terms of quality and safe working practices are maintained to a high level and compliant with standards / legislation.
What you need:
* A sound knowledge of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges.
* An understanding of all commercial and financial requirements.
* Ability to engage and conduct effective negotiations with client, stakeholders, subcontractors and third parties.
* A comprehensive understanding of highway maintenance and improvement works.
* A detailed understanding of the NEC3 form of contract and its application within Highways Works.
* A detailed understanding of Health & Safety legislation and CDM regulations.
Experience and Qualifications:
* Substantial experience within Highways Sector gained in design and construction.
* Appropriate knowledge and application of Health and Safety legislation including Construction (Design & Management) Regulations and an appropriate level of understanding of the principles of safety and the ability to apply this in the workplace.
* Desirable - Formal qualification in safety management.
* Good general standard of literacy and numeracy. City and Guild, ONC or equivalent qualification relevant to highway engineering is desirable; HNC/HND Civil Engineering or equivalent preferable.
* Substantial experience of coordinating multiple works sites within an urban and rural environment.
* Current valid driving licence.
* Good IT skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project as a minimum.
* A comprehensive understanding of the Traffic Management Act and its application.
* Experience of working with contractors and the public.
* Experience of budgetary management at operational level, including reporting of works progress detailing cost, value and turnover
Or check similar jobs