We are recruiting for a passionate, professional and progressive IT Lecturer to join a well established and thriving college team based in Manchester.
Apply on Partner Site
This college is one of the leading Digital Skills Colleges in the country offering high quality degree level apprenticeships to learners across the Manchester region. Boasting some fantastic statistics such as their students population comprising of a 3rd being female and 3rd coming from a BAME background. The mission of this successful and innovate college is to ensure high level education within the IT Sector is available for all.
As a IT Lecturer you will be experienced in delivering high level education, level 4 and above to students, you will have experience in mentoring, assessing students whilst developing curriculums and ensuring the students achieve the best from their qualification.
This college work alongside some of the worlds largest blue chip companies and create incredible opportunities for their students whilst studying and upon completion of their qualification.
Please see key responsibilities, skills and experienced require below.
* Learn to be an effective lecturer for specific modules aligned to your experience and expertise
* Lead the delivery of engaging course material to apprentices and ensure their educational progress
* Differentiate your teaching style and learning materials for a diverse range of abilities and prior experience
* Update and create new learning content for existing lectures and workshops preferably applying it to real world scenarios
* Create and mark assignments and exams
* Provide feedback to apprentices on their progress and provide additional support where necessary
* Work collaboratively with the teaching team to ensure that individualised support programmes are in place for learners such as those with Special Educational Needs
* Supporting the programme management team with reviewing work-based evidence
* EITHER: Professional experience in software development or data analytics
* AND/OR Degree/Higher Apprenticeship in technical subject (Computer Science, Software Engineering, STEM with demonstrable use of technology)
* Teaching experience
* Strong collaborative working skills
* A strong interest in teaching
* A passion towards sharing your knowledge and supporting others to learn effectively
* Ability to inspire people
* Excellent time management, organisational and planning skills
* Experience of academic assessment
Or check similar jobs