Technical Manager Job in Southampton
Apply on Partner Site
I have a Technical Manager job with a developer in their South West regional office in the Southampton area. The client is looking for an experienced Technical Manager or Design Manager with a background from a volume housebuilder. A candidate who is within travelling distance to Dorset and the Southampton area would be ideal.
Our client is a large national property development business with an annual turnover in excess of £400 million delivering over 2,500 new homes across all regions. Reporting to the Regional Technical Director, the Technical Manager will be responsible for managing the technical aspects of various residential developments and the coordination of architectural and engineering design within the regional hubs.
Role & Responsibilities
- Provide design specifications for regional developments
- Support the Technical Director and other members of the technical team
- Manage a number of projects at different stages of development
- Involvement in land feasibility through to construction
- Manage the production of working drawings
- Manage external consultants
- Assist in the detailed planning applications
Required Skills & Experience
- Previous experience as a Technical Manager or Design Manager for a national or regional housebuilder
- Extensive experience required in the Design Construction, Project Management of Civil Engineering and Infrastructure
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the construction process for a wide variety of buildings, from low-rise, standard housing product to mid-rise, complex apartment and mixed-use schemes
- Working knowledge of planning procedures, development control and building regulations requirements
- Expert knowledge in CDM and building regulations
- Ability to conduct feasibility studies, preparation of fee budget estimates, land purchase packs
- Ideally hold an appropriate degree level qualification - BSc Engineering, Construction Management. Membership of relevant professional body - Chartered Engineer/Builder
What you get back
- Up to £79,500
- 20% Bonus
- £6,700 Car Allowance or Company Car
- Hybrid working
- Extensive flexible benefits package
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We'll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we'll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they've successfully completed the probation period.
Technical Manager Job in Southampton - Your Property Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Scott Dunn - Job Ref: 12622)
Or check similar jobs