Mechanical Design Engineer
Apply on Partner Site
£38-£45k DOE – Based in Letchworth
Mechanical Design of Machines from Concept to Completion / Client Facing / Liaising with the Shopfloor / Working on Solidworks
5D Recruitment is proud to be working exclusively, and in partnership with a leading engineering company based in the heart of the home counties. Employing nearly 50 people they design, manufacture, assemble, test, and ship bespoke machinery from their new, world-class facility.
They are market leaders in the concept design and manufacture of fully automated, high precision, bespoke machines which are used to complete complex functions required to guarantee the quality of the product. Working across a variety of industries their main markets include the medical and scientific sectors.
They have long-standing agreements with some of the most renowned manufacturers in their sector, with a growing order book, and an excellent pipeline the future is looking exciting.
This opportunity has arisen due to growth, and we are looking to recruit two mechanical design engineers to meet the requirements of their new and existing customers and projects.
What the Role Will Involve:
* You will be client-facing right from the start of the process. This involves working with clients to agree on the design specification, regular client progress, and design review meetings, through to the final client acceptance of the machine.
* Designing machinery for large, international clients. Between 40-60% of the machines designed are different from their foundation model.
* This will involve the design of mechanisms, assemblies, sub-assemblies, layouts, piping routings, and fabrications.
* Specification of components such as pumps, valves, piping, robotic systems, and other ancillary equipment, such as feed conveyors.
* Creation of BOMs, manufacturing drawings, and other supply chain and manufacturing documentation.
* Being the point of contact for production during the build and test phase.
What we are looking for in the Candidate:
* A background in mechanical design, with experience designing mechanisms, assemblies, and components. This could be in any industry sector.
* 3D CAD experience, ideally Solidworks, but this is not essential!
* An excellent communicator - you will be client-facing, liaising with the production, and working as a design team to engineer the best solutions for the client.
What we can offer the successful candidate:
* Excellent rates of pay, and 25 days holiday a year.
* Training and development – both internally, and from external companies.
* Free on-site parking.
* Annual salary reviews based on performance, on top of the annual cost of living increase.
For more information, please hit the apply now button and I will call you back, or call me on (phone number removed)
Or check similar jobs