Our client is looking for a Project Environmental Lead for an initial 12 month contract position, located in Aberdeen
Apply on Partner Site
Recent UK experience is mandatory for this role.
This role is a technical position, focusing on delivery of the Project environmental commitments, and ensuring environmental compliance through all project stages. The role reports directly to the Project HSE Lead.
· Responsible for the coordination and delivery of the regulatory EIA deliverables for the Select Phase of the project, under the Project Management Framework in conjunction with the Project HSE Lead.
· This will include, but not be limited to, working with the Engineering Contractor to prepare onshore and offshore IA/EIA baseline studies and development of IA/EIA scoping reports;
· Responsible for the delivery of an optimised offshore environmental survey for the selected transmission/distribution cable routes and hub location;
· Support, coach and challenge the project team to ensure the IA/EIA is an iterative part of the concept select decisions and concept select report;
· Engage with relevant onshore and offshore regulators and statutory consultees to gain clarity on applicable regulatory regime and scope of environmental surveys;
· Manage contractor support to deliver the IA/EIA baseline studies and scoping reports;
· Degree qualified, preferably in Environmental Science
· Experience of UK onshore and offshore regulatory regimes and EIA experience
· Extensive practical experience in regulatory environmental planning, baseline survey, permitting and consenting.
· Experience of DCO/Renewables/Power Cable consenting projects preferred
· Experience in stakeholder and contractor management
Or check similar jobs