Lead Injection Moulding Setter
Apply on Partner Site
Hours of work – 42.5 hours per week,
Monday to Friday day shift 7.30 – 16.30
We are looking for a professional, efficient, meticulous, and self-motivated individual with Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise workload.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Reporting to the Engineering Manager, based on the production floor.
* Setting, starting and tool changing injection moulding machines.
* Ensuring that tools are set to achieve the production plan requirements.
* Entering and maintaining all relevant information for shop floor data collection and as required to meet QC standards
* Attending production and planning meetings and designating work to the other setters.
* Undertaking minor tool repairs i.e. Water & Hydraulic repairs.
* Participating in the Continuous Improvement Projects including cycle time optimisation, and tool change efficiency etc.
* Work with the sales department to trial new products and present the results of these trials to customers when required.
* Basic supervision of the other Setters and technical assistance
* Training of the apprentice Setters
* Driving 5s of the machinery and site.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Have experience of working in a plastic injection moulding environment for at least 3 years.
* Have experience with Negri Bossi, Haitian & Victor Machinery.
* Be able to set moulding machines and trouble shoot process issues.
* Experience with Hot Runners
* Have worked with a range of plastic materials including PP, ABS, PVC, TPE etc.
* Experience with 22 to 800 ton injection moulding presses.
* A Proactive work ethic.
* A Methodical approach to process data collection and customer trials.
* Maintain and develop the 5s principles and be accustomed to working in that environment.
* Overhead Crane Licence (preferred).
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Experience with pick and place robots preferred but not essential.
Jenkin Halls Recruitment is acting as a recruitment
Or check similar jobs