Sentri Group is currently working with a privately-owned contractor based in Kent who is looking to appoint a Quantity Surveyor to oversee a project in Devizes, Wiltshire.
Apply on Partner Site
As a group, they have construction experiences in high-end residential fit-out works for private clients and corporate landlords, multiple dwelling social housing void and occupied refurbishment works, historic restoration and conservation as well as repairs and improvements to modern buildings.
Although the contractor is looking for those candidates with at least five years of experience in construction delivering projects ranging from £50k - £3m in value, you will be mentored by a senior member of the team and the contractor is therefore looking for those graduates with a willingness to work.
The role requires great attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and organisational skills in what can be a fast-paced environment. In addition, the contractor is looking for people who are engaging and hardworking, efficient and goal-driven.
* Procurement of Sub-Contract; Consultant and Supply only packages.
* Analysis of work package tender returns.
* Preparation of Orders with Sub-Contractors, Consultants and Suppliers.
* Contribute to the preparation of interim and final account applications for the Company and likewise internal cost and value reconciliation reports.
* Subject to the approval of the Commercial Manager value and agreement Changes/Variations
* Integrate the commercial strategy, amending it to suit the project as it develops.
* Liaise with & commercially influence/challenge the other members of the team and the construction process.
Take ownership for, administer & represent the company in commercial & contractual issues, including but not limited to:
* Preparing tenders, analysing, selecting appropriate s/c & finalising s/c orders.
* Financial & commercial management to Final Account completion.
* Prepare & present forecasts, targets & CV reconciliations.
* Prepare & agree on Valuations, including generating certificates & invoices/payments.
* Prepare Variations with adequate/appropriate records, agree as works progress.
* Update projected Final Accounts on regular basis and prepare, submit & agree on Final Account promptly.
* Involvement in value engineering & design development
On offer for this Quantity Surveyor role is a basic salary of up to £55,000 p.a. plus travel allowance, pension (pro-rata for a contract)
For a confidential discussion, please contact our advisor David Weaving at David @ sentrigroup .co. uk or (phone number removed)
Not the job you’re looking for?
Feel free to send us your CV or contact us for more vacancies.
We are specialists in White Collar Construction Recruitment and cover Quantity Surveying, Estimating and Site and Project Management positions to name a few and welcome speculative applications
Or check similar jobs