Apply on Partner Site
This is a great opportunity, joining our existing project teams working and supporting our customers with Fuel & Landing Gear Systems Engineering requirements. You will work with a consultative approach while building strong relationships with our customers as a team, communicating with stakeholders at a variety of seniority levels and provide a high standard of System Engineering.
All our consultants are adaptable and open to work across multiple sectors while being part of the team here at AKKA.
All roles within Systems Engineering are Hybrid working, and this will be for the foreseeable. However, we ask that you are either commuting distance from South-West or open to relocation.
What you will need
* Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Engineering or similar scientific based qualification
* Full V-cycle development (from feasibility study until certification)
* Hydromechanical, mechanical, avionics or software systems integration in aerospace
* Experienced in DOORS updates
* Excellent team spirit
* Excellent English speaking and writing
* Rigorous and very well organised
* Experience Leading a team and/or project
Desired Technical Skills:
* Model Based Engineering experience
* Any knowledge of the following aerospace standards: ARP4754, ARP4761 DO160, DO178, DO254, AFDX, ARINC 429
* Any knowledge on fuel systems / landing gear is a bonus.
What you will be doing
* Requirements capture & management: Capture Customer & End user needs and distil into Functional and non-functional requirements. Manage the derivation & flow-down of lower-level (Subsystem / component) Requirements.
* System Architecture definition: from the agreed System requirements, assist in the definition of candidate System architectures. Undertake candidate trade-off studies / Decision Analysis to arrive at agreed Functional & Physical Solution Architecture
* System Design: create detailed system / subsystem designs, including buy / team / make decisions, specification of internal / external interface definitions & information flows.
* Ensure Specialty Engineering (Safety, Security, ILS) is fully integrated within the Systems Design lifecycle with emphasis on reducing whole-lifecycle costs and ensuring that a supportability solution is “engineered in
Or check similar jobs