An excellent job opportunity for an MEP Design Manager to work for leading real estate developer based in London. My client are a forward thinking business who are currently delievring signature projects in London.
Apply on Partner Site
What will you be doing?
• Design Management
• Creation of and administration of design programmes to ensure that sufficient detail of design is delivered to the Commercial and Construction Team to enable timely procurement, manufacture and installation
• Agreeing deliverables for the design team to meet the package scopes
• Reviewing and stat using all design deliverables from both consultants and trade contractors
• Motivate the designers to produce information that best meets our needs
• Design Appointments
• Proposing new consultants and commenting on the suitability of consultants proposed
• Creation of Scopes of Deliverables for all consultants
• Review and comment on other design appointment documentation
• Agree fees, bonuses and variations with design consultants
• Manage the design consultant payment process including raising orders, placing instructions and agreeing invoices
• Design Deliverables
• Strive for best practice in all practical elements of the design. Waterproofing, fire, sustainability, general compliance, and others must all be of the highest levels to ensure our brand is best reflected in the workspaces we create.
• Work with the Product Design Manager to ensure that early-stage design from RIBA Stage 1 to Stage 3 are technically suitable and able to meet our quality, programme and cost aspirations.
• Technical reviews are lead by the Design Manager. This includes consulting with various stakeholders including Package Managers, Commercial Managers and especially our Head Office Technical Design Team who are subject experts that can be relied on to offer best practice advice and commentary on all designs.
• Designs must be clear, concise and timely. Any errors, uncoordinated items or incomplete designs cost money through poorly managed tender design that is unattractive to tenderers or contains “risk money”, reducing profit to us and potentially lowering the attractiveness of the end product to our building users
• Working with the Information Management and BIM teams to ensure information is available to end users and all parties as required
• Aid the team in the compilation and sign off of compliance requirements including Building Control, Planning Conditions, BREEAM, WELL, SmartScore, WiredScore, NABERS and other certification schemes as appropriate.
• Proactive collaboration with wider project team as well as on-site construction team
• The ability to analyse problem and propose alternative solutions
• Attention to detail is paramount. The ability to review designs and identify both inconsistencies and incorrect information is a key part of the role
• Persistence and determination
• Leadership and motivational skills
• Able to use a computer and the main software packages competently
• Experience of Design Management is essential. Preferably at a Tier 1 contractor working on large scale commercial office projects in London. However, similar experience in healthcare, residential or retail would be applicable to the role.
• Delivery of deep basements in complex environments including working adjacent to live London Underground tunnels and platforms is desirable.
• A Design background is not essential
• Experience of Project Management, Building Information Modelling, Programmes, Network Rail or London Underground processes
• Ideally the candidate will have a degree level education in a related built environment field. Diploma or national equivalents may also be acceptable.
What do you get in return?
• Stunning workspaces that enhance people’s wellbeing
• Competitive salary and discretionary annual bonus
• Hybrid working set-up
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Pension scheme, life assurance and group income protection
• £ 1,500 flexible benefits pot including options like gym membership, private medical insurance…
• Enhanced maternity / paternity package
• Season ticket loan options, cycle to work and nursery scheme, Discounts Club etc.
• Annual training budget
• Monthly team breakfast and lunch
• Volunteering days
• No dress code
If you would like to hear more about the position, then we'd love to hear from you.
“People Group is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to promoting an inclusive environment for both our clients and employees
Or check similar jobs