We are delighted to exclusively represent a prestigious, multinational manufacturing organisation in their appointment of a Supply Chain Manager. Enjoying phenomenal growth which is set to continue, this site has enjoyed significant investment in recent years, and is at the forefront of R&D and innovation in their field of expertise.
Apply on Partner Site
This key role sits on a dynamic senior leadership team and will hold full responsibility for divisional Supply Chain and all relevant key metrics and deliverables, serving manufacturing operations by effectively managing end to end material control including procurement, planning, inventory management and logistics through an able team of skilled supply chain professionals. Aside from the day to day, the incumbent will drive a Lean approach to address capacity challenges, implementing Lean initiatives across the process from supplier sourcing to finished goods whilst leading, mentoring and further developing the team (c. 30 heads).
* Educated to Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree level in a supply chain, engineering or business related discipline
* Certification to a professional supply chain body would be preferred – CIPS, CSCP for example
* An impressive track record in a senior supply chain management position in a volume manufacturing or engineering setting with a focus on Lean Supply Chain tools
* Strong experience and subject matter expert in S&OP and planning, maybe with a planning background
* Accomplished ‘all rounder’ in supply chain, with previous experience leading strategic and tactical purchasing, materials and planning functions
* With demonstrable achievement in delivering sustainable supply chain improvements throughout career to date
* Strongly analytical, able to identify trends and pre-empt relevant corrective action through excellent data management using MRP systems
* An inspiring and motivating people manager, keen to coach and develop a team of willing supply chain professionals
* Well honed influencing and change management skills, and with the ability to gain commitment for new initiatives in a fast paced environment
* As this role sits at senior management level, you will work together with other SMT members on shared business performance targets, therefore true cross functional collaboration and commercial acumen is required.
* Infrequent international travel to suppliers and other sites will be required.
Ultimately, we seek an expert in supply chain, S&OP and planning principles, a strong leader and innovator with proven coaching and development skills, who can inspire a shared vision and develop consistent alignment with overall Supply Chain objectives
This role will be predominately site based in Co Durham.
Excellent opportunities for career growth on an international scale, ability to further develop and shape a supply chain strategy with a business that aspires to be the best of the best and is going through a sharp growth cycle. Typical executive benefits package commensurate with the role
Or check similar jobs