Multi-Skilled Engineer Electrical Bias
Apply on Partner Site
Shift Pattern: 4 On 4 off Nights rotating (6PM – 6AM)
Ideal candidate industry: Dairy, Food & Beverage, Paint, Packaging, and Pharmaceutical.
New Chapter are currently supporting a global player in their manufacturing category on the search for a Multiskilled engineer with (Electrical Bias) to help support the engineering team down in Wells.
The manufacturing site in Wells has been growing from strength to strength and as such, they are looking for an additional Multi-Skilled Engineer (Electrical bias). This is a big opportunity to become part of an ever-growing company and team of engineers, and progress both individually and collectively.
One of the main responsibilities in this role would be to work within a team to provide an Engineering service that ensures that the department’s KPI target of 98% production machinery availability is achieved through planned, preventative, and reactive maintenance. To assist by Engineering contribution to the continued growth and development of the site and business.
Further Key responsibilities:
* Carry out planned and preventative maintenance world-class standards
* Look at ways to reduce reactive maintenance
* Work with production to plan windows for maintenance requirements
* Ensure all Engineering procedures are adhered to, and all work is carried out to relevant legislation and guidelines.
* Take ownership of specific areas within the factory creating and completing Improvement projects within them.
* Plan required contract work and then supervise and authorize permits for associated contractors
* Ensure all work is carried out in a documented and controlled manner in line with the company’s technical procedures
* Work closely with the technical team on the site fabrication requirements
* Proactively look to improve engineering functions to reduce food safety risk.
* Work closely with the Production team to ensure operational delivery.
* Minimize time reaction to machinery breakdown.
* Improve machinery efficiency by Improvement Projects
* Demonstrate a proactive attitude towards maintenance solutions.
* Proactively promote the correct use of equipment.
Key Skill & Experience
The minimum requirement of this role is an NVQ Level 3 with a recognised apprenticeship, candidates will also be tested and expected to demonstrate levels of cross-skilling. 17th/18th Edition also desirable
Or check similar jobs