Our client is the largest online retailer of premium beauty products in Europe and one of the fastest growing e-tailers in the world. Launched in 2005, the business was founded to meet the increasing requirements of beauty customers to research, review, compare and buy the leading beauty and health products.
Apply on Partner Site
We are actively seeking a Buyer to join a busy, growing team on a permanent basis offering hybrid working.
The Buyer will work closely with the Head of Buying in a busy Commercial Team liaising with external brands and internal teams.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Actively working to increase Profitability on Category during all aspects of Supplier Negotiations.
* Coordinate, develop and lead brand relationships from a Marketing and Sales perspective working on bespoke campaigns with brands. Responsible for developing the strategy and leading investment / profitability changes, event/promotional planning and daily / weekly trading decisions and reporting back to the Head of Buying.
* Attend and be solely responsible for holding strategy meetings for each brand seeking profitable actions, confidently presenting brand performance and analysis. JBP / terms planning, actively following up with brand.
* Develop launch plans for new brands ensuring cohesive liaison with the Marketing and Brand Teams where appropriate.
* Monitor sales targets and forecasts and reporting back to brands regarding the success / outcome of bespoke Marketing and Commercial activities.
* Providing timely updates to the Marketing, Buying and Editorial teams in relation to agreed activity with any brands.
* Monitor new line introduction
* New brand acquisition, market insight to introduce new and emerging brands to the category and Feelunique. Engage with potential new brands and assess if they would add value to the overall portfolio. Present any new brand opportunities at a monthly new brand committee meeting.
* Analyse sales performance at brand and category level, reporting back to the business/brands regarding the success / outcome of bespoke Marketing activities.
* Work with the Merchandising Team to advise in relation to stock ordering and delivery arrangements including occasionally chasing of deliveries where applicable and updating the Supply Chain Team and internal stakeholders where relevant.
* Sign off brands and / or products for newsletters and event activity as well as nominating for exposure.
* Onboard and develop launch plans for any new brands selected.
* Deputise for Head of Buying in Monday Trade / Business Review / Commercial Review Meetings and brand meetings where relevant.
* Support the Chief Commercial Officer ahead of senior level meetings on request as well as other ad hoc requests.
* Support the wider Buying Team and Junior members of the team with day to day in absence of Head of Buying.
* Liaise with the Brand / Marketing Team regarding bespoke activity on a regular basis.
Skills / Qualifications:
* Proven exceptional beauty industry experience & excellent commercial acumen.
* Outstanding organisational, accuracy and prioritisation skills including the ability to work to tight deadlines.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as a strong work ethic.
* Ability to analyse data and provide detailed, thought through conclusions and suggestions.
* Ability to work efficiently and effectively as new priorities arise.
* A first-class comprehension of the beauty industry, ecommerce and high street retail.
* Ability to develop and maintain relationships at the very highest levels within the beauty industry.
* Computer literate with intermediate or advanced excel skills.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website
Or check similar jobs