Apply on Partner Site
Location: Bristol (Hybrid working with 1 day per week in the office)
Salary: £27k - £35k DOE
As our client’s business continues to grow at a significant pace, they are looking for talented, enthusiastic and driven people to join their procurement team. Committed to transforming the way procurement works, the Junior Buyer / Category Specialist will have a pathway to develop your career.
You will have an interest in procurement and supply chain who will help generate significant value for the business by reducing the total cost of bought in goods and services and help manage supplier relationships to increase the overall value derived from the supply chain.
You will be involved in:
* Capturing and analysing data on the existing supply chain, the commercial markets and potential new entrants to the market.
* Based on the data analysis, create and maintain strategy plans.
* Identify and enact Supplier Development opportunities that add value to the client, Supplier and Team which drive out cost.
* Conduct basic supplier assessment to ensure the suppliers proposed to Acquisition and Contract Management are of sound standing both commercially and financially.
* Implement continual improvement tasks with suppliers to implement best practises, best value and lower costs.
* Support Strategic Supplier negotiations.
Collaborating with suppliers through direct engagement to clearly communicate customer requirements and understand supplier constraints compared with customer requirements, to contract for the best possible result from suppliers and ensure customer satisfaction.
* Ideally educated to degree level and / or relevant engineering / supply chain / lean culture experience.
* Willingness to obtain Procurement and Supply Chain skills and qualifications (CIPS).
* Procurement experience, ideally in an operational procurement environment (desirable).
* Must be self-motivated and willing to develop new skills.
* Must have a flexible approach to workload and the drive to go the extra mile for our customers.
* Ability to establish relationships with key stakeholders across the business and our supply chain.
The successful candidate will be required go through a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) Clearance
Or check similar jobs