Please note: This is a 6 month contract paid at £475 per day. The role is 80 % remote (4 days) & 20% (1 day) working in the office per week.
Apply on Partner Site
Job Title/Grade: SRS Project Manager (LEAP)
Purpose of the post:
The post-holder will be responsible for managing the successful implementation of a new student record system (SRS) into LSBU. The role will plan, schedule and manage the tasks and resources required to ensure a successful delivery into the business of a new student record system that transforms the current student journey and ensures the organisation is ‘fit for the future’.
An exceptional communicator and negotiator, the SRS Project Manager is responsible for business design and technical programme deliverables, identifying and managing interdependencies across the university and ensuring sufficient business engagement has been completed. A track record in the successful delivery of new student record systems in the HE environment is key.
MAIN ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To lead the design of the student lifecycle including processes, data and system requirements.
2. To conduct a detailed fit analysis to ensure the chosen technology is fit for LSBU needs
3. Develop an updated business case for technology implementation including SMART and measurable benefits definition
4. To ensure the successful delivery and adoption the new student record system to time, budget and quality whilst maximising opportunity to transform.
5. To partnership with LSBU’s registry team and LSBU stakeholders to ensure business and student needs are met by the new SRS.
6. To ensure that LSBU has the right level of information at the right time through LEAP Governance processes to keep the programme on track.
7. To work with the relevant impacted teams to ensure project delivery includes well-defined processes for cutover planning and transfer to business as usual support.
8. To work with impacted teams on the forward planning of resourcing for programme delivery, managing risks, issues and mitigating actions.
9. To ensure that project management methodologies and mindsets are robust and appropriate.
10. To drive transformation of the student journey throughout the design and delivery of the SRS
11. To build strong effective relationships with all stakeholders ensuring that their needs and challenges are understood and managed.
12. To work with the LEAP Programme Manager to ensure PMO resources are deployed effectively in support of the SRS project
13. To monitor the quality and performance of project deliverables
14. To plan and co-ordinate the analysis, design, development, timely implementation and testing of deliverables
15. To prepare activity reports for LEAP Programme and ICT governance.
16. To proactively identify and mitigate risks, issues and dependencies. Reporting and escalating for action where appropriate
17. To manage resources working on the SRS project including third party suppliers ensuring they are delivering to contract and within budgetary tolerances
18. Any other duties that may reasonably be required from time to time commensurate with the grade of this position.
Communication and working relationships
- Effective communications with the Registry Team, LEAP Programme Management Team, Sponsors, Deans, Directors, Business Managers, Heads of Departments, ICT and Academic Staff.
- Close Working relationship with the LEAP PMO, Registry Team, ICT Teams, contractors and other impacted teams
-Liaison with school, teaching, support staff, students, Trade Unions and other groups as appropriate.
Project management qualified (Prince2 or similar) or equivalent experience
Extensive experience of delivering complex projects with multiple dependencies and risks that will impact on the success of the implementation
Experienced in making the case for change, including business case development
Proven experience of successfully delivering student lifecycle redesign and the associated new technology implementation
Extensive experience of user journey transformation
Experience of data and reporting management including management of data migration
Astute at being able to foresee programme dependencies, potential risks and issues, establish a process, facilitate discussion and manage escalations
Proven experience of successful working with external delivery partners.
The ability to work effectively and manage a very wide range of complex stakeholders.
Excellent analytical skills and the ability to monitor and control plans using a wide range of Programme Management Tools (Atlassian Product Suite, MS Project, MS Excel)
Experience of design and transition of new ICT solutions into business as usual.
Experience in the development and production of project reports.
Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with a diverse range of both internal and external stakeholders both verbally and in writing. Able to demonstrate an understanding, and commitment to, equality and diversity, and its practical application.
This Job Description is a guide to the work you will initially be required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances.
It does not form part of your Contract of Employment
Or check similar jobs