Cityworx are recruiting for an experienced Deputy Manager to join a truly caring domiciliary care provider, our client works with private paying individuals.
Apply on Partner Site
Purpose of the position
To work within a team to supervise and grow an effective and efficient home care service within a defined geographic region.
* To be aware of registration standards set out by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) in the Care Standards Act.
* To ensure the office portrays a professional image of the Company.
* To ensure the provision of high quality, person centred care services to vulnerable people living in their own home.
* To recruit, supervise and deploy teams of Care Workers who provide care and support to vulnerable adults.
* To ensure consistent application of companies policies, procedures and approved practice and to promote the aims of the Company.
* To work with the Registered Manager to ensure all statutory obligations are fully met.
* Knowledge of relevant legislation that affects the entire service.
* To answer the telephone promptly, giving your name and title within the corporate greeting.
* To liaise with placement teams/social workers/care managers/families to accept new care packages.
* To liaise with potential new service users by undertaking an initial assessment by telephone and by visiting them in their homes to determine their needs and requirements and report to the Registered Manager on new service users starting with the service.
* To liaise with placement teams/social workers/care managers/families to accept increased or decreased care packages.
* To consult with the Registered Manager to agree start dates for changes and arrange initial assessments
* To ensure that all appropriate documentation is received from the Local Authority.
* To attend any relevant meetings and maintain clear channels of communication.
* To complete mandatory training and any other training sessions appropriate to the post internally or externally.
* To be familiar with Health and Safety regulations, policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to.
* Record and report to the Registered Manager any service user who has been designated as unable to sign timesheets.
* To record all new care packages and changes to existing care packages on the system immediately they are received.
* To report weekly to the Registered Manager all increases, decreases in care packages.
* To receive initial enquiries from potential Care Workers and carry out pre-screening (telephone).
* To be responsible for interviewing and selecting new Care Workers and to be involved in the induction process.
* To identify the most suitable Care Workers for each package.
* To roster Care Workers on the system, to specific service users on a permanent basis within one week of the package commencing.
* To plan ahead to cover holidays, training and planned absence.
* To record on the system changes to rosters brought about by short notice absence out of hours.
The above is not exhaustive and a detailed job spec will be provided prior to interview
Or check similar jobs