To enable learners to achieve success by providing high quality professional teaching, training, assessment, coaching and mentoring.
Apply on Partner Site
Responsible for delivery and assessment of the following qualifications:
Entry Level Awards in English and Maths
Entry Level 3 and Level 1 Awards in Essential Digital Skills
Level 1 and 2 Functional Skills English and Maths.
In addition to the below the trainer must be appropriately qualified in English and Maths (min Level 3) with experience of delivering and assessing these qualifications within Further Education/ Training.
1. Plan a robust, cohesive and challenging learning curriculum that meets relevant industry and Company requirements. Inclusive of: Curriculum Plans, Schemes of Learning, Vocational Initial Assessments, Training Plans, Delivery and Assessment Materials
2. Plan for and effectively apply differentiation, as required, for the learning programmes of all new learners, agreeing targets and reviewing progress through the effective and robust use of Individual Learning Plans.
3. Identify additional learning needs for learners and work with the Head of Quality and Curriculum to agree how these will be met. Ensuring that these needs are then met to support learners is progressing and achieving.
4. Promote high expectations of all learners.
5. Proactively work as part of the team, participating in and contributing towards; meetings, standardizations, improvement plans, self-assessments.
1. Support and develop learners to maximize their full potential and ensure attainment of learning aims and progress towards their individual goals and aspirations. Including of providing subject specific knowledge, skills and support as part of the IAG learners receive.
2. Deliver engaging, dynamic, high quality learning programmes, in-line with the Company’s Curriculums so that learners obtain substantive and meaningful new knowledge, skills and behaviors that support their progression and future employment prospects.
3. Identify and escalate concerns timely for learners who are not making planned progress or who are at risk of the leaving the programme early. Creating and managing interventions and action plans to support learners progress, complete and achieve.
Including effective and efficient management of learner attendance and timekeeping in line with company policy/ process.
1. Keep up-to-date with teaching and assessment practices and occupational knowledge and skills within subject area of specialism.
2. Review learner work and progress and action, providing both formative and summative feedback to; recognize progress and achievement, identify areas of improvement and to stretch and challenge learners.
3. Act as an ambassador for the Company promoting high expectations, safeguarding, British Values, behavior and welfare.
4. Demonstrate best practice through promotion and embedding of English and Math’s, Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding, British Values and Prevent as appropriate into learning/delivery.
1. Maintain all required records, as specified by the Company, to ensure that all documentation meets internal and external standards, including the Caseload tracker.
2. Ensure systems (Moodle, CRM) are up to date and reflects progress learners are making at all times
3. Majority of learners to complete and achieve learning programmes, in line with the KPI’s below
Learners on track
75%, increasing to 80% after 3 months
75%, increasing to 80% after 3 months
80%, increasing to 85% after 3 months
Compliance and Audit
80%, increasing to 90% after 6 months
Learner registers to be complete and compliant within initial 15minutes of session start time, for both morning and afternoon sessions.
Learner notes in Moodle to be kept up to date at all times, ensuring comprehensive learner profiles are being built and auditable.
Group Profiles/Trackers to be updated at the end of each session and reviewed weekly with Quality.
This job description provides an overview of the responsibilities and principal accountabilities of the role at this point in time. Your responsibilities/accountabilities will include but will not be limited to those detailed. It is anticipated that the content of roles will evolve and change over time, providing opportunities for personal development. You are expected to be flexible in taking on responsibilities that currently fall outside of this role description, but which are commensurate with your level of seniority.
1. Maintain professional standards for Teachers and Trainers in Education and Training.
2. Instill and promote passion in learning and its relevance to employment
3. Uphold high expectations of self and others
4. Promote and contribute towards delivery of the Company’s Policies, inclusive of but not limited to; Safeguarding, Health and Safety, Prevent, Covid-19 and Equality and Diversity.
5. Ensure compliance with relevant legislation (e.g. Data Protection/GDPR, Copyright, etc).
6. Undertake other duties as may reasonably be expected within the scope and objectives of the post.
1. Working practices promote and comply with the Vision and Values of Phoenix Training Services (Midlands) Ltd.
2. Act in a calm and professional manner at all times.
3. Be upbeat, proactive and positive, with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
4. Be professional and presentable at all times.
5. Have a flexible approach to work and changing circumstances.
6. Willingness to work extended or unsociable hours.
7. Be able to communicate at all levels
Or check similar jobs