Hotel Receptionist – Part-time
Apply on Partner Site
Potters Heron Hotel, Nr Romsey, Hampshire
Part time - 2 shifts per week at the weekend
Salary – in-line with National Minimum Wage
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Receptionist to join the Potters Heron Hotel - a beautiful thatched 53-bed hotel situated between Winchester and Southampton.
The Potters Heron Team love hospitality and their enthusiasm for warm, friendly and knowledgeable service knows no bounds. They have the pleasure of hosting many weddings and other events throughout the year and their guests are at the centre of everything they do.
This is a part-time role - weekends only, 2 shifts either 07:00am to 15:00pm, or 15:00 to 23:00.
What’s on offer?
* A competitive hourly rate
* Annual company bonus scheme
* Enrolment into our Pebble development programme where the sky’s the limit in terms of progression
* Annual party for the whole team
* Discounted food while on duty
* Friends & Family discount scheme across both hotels
* Workplace pension scheme
As a Hotel Receptionist, your responsibilities will be:
* To be the front face of the Hotel – clean, tidy, on time and raring to go at all times.
* To remain calm and efficient at all times, when dealing with ringing phones, a queue at check-in/check-out, helping team members locate keys, and directing deliveries to the right place.
* To be the first point of communication – essential, in the knowledge that every call is potential revenue, and that every call or message must go to the right person.
* To recognise the opportunity to upsell the Hotel and facilities at every opportunity.
* To make sure guest feedback is handled well and is passed on to the right team member.
We are looking for a Hotel Receptionist who has the following skills and experience:
* You must have fluent written and spoken English.
* You should have Hotel Receptionist experience, have previously worked in a different Hotel role and be looking for a change of department, or have reception experience in a different industry.
* You are looking for a new challenge and are prepared to take on responsibility in this busy role.
* Be well-organised and have the ability to prioritise.
* Be smiley, welcoming and generally wonderful at all times.
* You are committed to providing the highest possible customer service.
* Due to the location of the Hotel, you will most likely need your own transport.
* This role is weekends only - so you should expect to work on key dates, such as Mothers’ Day and during Christmas time.
This role would suit someone with previous experience as: Hotel Receptionist. Receptionist, Concierge, Accommodation Manager, Event Manager, Head Receptionist, Head Porter.
Please apply now to avoid disappointment
Or check similar jobs