Building a sustainable tomorrow
Apply on Partner Site
BAM FM is recruiting a Multi Skilled Engineer to join the team based in Scotland. Reporting to the Contract Manager to take responsibility of the building maintenance across several sites. As part of this role, you will be required to work flexible hours (an on call rota is part of this) and complete a variety of tasks related to this role to ensure the continued smooth operation of the FM business.
The role will require you to directly with other operatives, work closely with clients, subcontractors and colleagues, exercising excellent team working skills and building positive relationships.
• Undertaking Planned Preventative Maintenance and completion of the appropriate paperwork and reports.
• Undertaking reactive and emergency breakdown tasks including completion of the associated paperwork.
• Working in partnership with the Helpdesk to ensure that resources are allocated correctly.
• Being on a call out rota to provide the client with full out of hours cover.
• Assisting the team when required or as directed from the Contract Manager.
• Ensuring that all tasks are completed within the contractual time scales and works are audited where required.
• Proactively reduce energy consumption on site.
• Overseeing visiting sub-contractors with regards to standard of work and Health and Safety.
• Adopting a flexible attitude in relation to assisting on other properties within the BAM FM portfolio.
• Carrying out all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Understanding and completing all work related documentation accurately and on time.
• Undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required.
• Complying with all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
• Carrying out work in a safe and diligent manner.
• Ensure that detailed records are created for the statutory testing, inspections and record keeping.
• Responsibility for the implementation of Health and Safety, quality, environmental system requirements ensuring compliance with all legislation and BAM FM policy and procedures.
Who are we looking for?
The suitable engineer must be committed and have a proven track record, we are looking for a multi skilled engineer with gas qualifications and Air conditioning experience. The Engineer must be able to work on his own initiative and be able to assist other engineers and work as part of a team.
• Experience of electrical/mechanical maintenance, testing & fault finding on a variety of equipment including air conditioning, plumbing, boiler plant, ventilation, pumps, generators, switchgear, cables, batteries, small power and lighting (where applicable).
• Experience of working within a mobile service delivery contract.
• An understanding of Service Level Agreements (SLA's), service targets and objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and ability to interpret management information.
• Knowledge of Health & Safety and safe working practices.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Supervisory management experience (desirable)
• Proactive approach.
• Able to anticipate and/or diagnose and repair faults.
• Capable of completing essential paperwork in accurate and timely manner.
• Computer literate and competent in using electronic devices (Knowledge of Concept desirable)
• Full UK Drivers licence
• Excellent customer service skills
• Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland)Act 2007 (PVG) in relation to this type of work is applicable for children
• CRB check may be required
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
BAM operates a flexible working policy.
Your work environment
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We're on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.
Who are we?
We provide a wide range of services to essential public services and major commercial organisations. Our aim is to improve efficiency, reduce our carbon footprint and enhance wellbeing for our users. With more than 900 team members, we also design and deliver better services across the education, healthcare, retail and commercial sectors.
Our recruitment process, what you need to know?
CRB check may be required
Or check similar jobs