Our client has a new opportunity within their busy Family Law team for a Paralegal to specialise in Childcare work. This is an opportunity to work within a very friendly but a very busy, fast moving area of family law within the Child Care team.
Apply on Partner Site
To undertake all aspects of legal work relating to supporting the solicitors / senior solicitors in the conduct of their caseloads and to assist in the drafting of documentation for court, including applications for Emergency Protection Orders and Care Orders.
To assist in the preparation of applications for court, including obtaining statements from the client and partner agencies and to liaise with a variety of professionals including internal customers, courts, solicitors and barristers chambers.
Conduct of routine child care based cases under direct day to day supervision – subject to level of experience. To undertake the preparation and update of court bundles for all hearings before the Magistrates, County and High Courts.
To undertake research on points of law or practice.
What’s needed for me to be considered?
Essential requirements – team working, attention to detail, confident dealing with people from all walks of life, tactful, patient, calm. Well organised, good IT skills and interpersonal skills.
* Be able to demonstrate a commitment to working with vulnerable children and adults in difficult family circumstances, the work of which is governed by the need to adhere to strict timescales.
* The ideal candidate will already have Childcare experience – and/or experience working within a Family Law Team
* Experience in Legal Aid work is highly desirable
* You should have a good client manner and an empathetic nature – willingness to learn and a team spirit
* You will need to be organised with good time management skills and the ability to work under pressure
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available
Or check similar jobs