Job Title: Electronics Development Engineer
Apply on Partner Site
Dynament are a manufacturer of gas sensors for OEM of gas monitoring and detection products. The position will sit under a new passionate Technical Director, as part of a newly growing new product development team.
The candidate will work as part of a team to develop new gas sensing products utilising existing and emerging gas detection techniques.
This includes design from the ground-up. It also includes performing systems engineering tasks for required optical designs, electronics control systems, signal acquisition and data processing.
The individual in this role will be part of an engineering team working on next generation products while supporting existing product lines. The role requires a background in electronics, optics, engineering and mathematics.
Salary of an Electronics Development Engineer
Circa £40,000 - £45,000 with relocation packages if necessary.
Job Description of an Electronics Development Engineer
* Assist in the development of next-generation sensors for both existing and new market applications, mainly utilising NDIR designs.
* Project management from concept through to completion.
* Produce all the necessary documentation, test procedures and design of test fixtures to enable products to be put into volume production.
* Creation of engineering design specifications based on marketing requirements.
* Evaluation of optical, electronics & control systems including hands-on prototyping, testing and validation.
* Identify opportunities for cost reductions and quality improvements in our products.
* Create drawings, specifications, BOM’s as required for development and production.
* Part selection, schematic capture and PCB layout following design & development procedures.
* Write &/or perform verification and validation tests.
* Research gas sensor technology and produce technical reports.
Skills & experience of an Electronics Development Engineer
* Educated to degree level in a suitable discipline or with extensive relevant job experience
* At least 4 years of experience in commercial product development, in gas sensing or instrumentation technologies
* Proven ability to design commercially viable products for large scale production
* Expertise in optical (preferably infrared) sensor systems and supporting electrical and mechanical skills.
* Knowledge and experience of embedded systems design using C programming languages.
* Knowledge and experience of analogue and power supply design.
* Competent to use design tools e.g. Autocad, SolidWorks
Why Should You Apply?
The business are continuing on their growth plans and have exciting projects.
An established SME with the backing of a larger global company.
Join a business that retain their staff very well.
Theo James Recruitment specialise in Manufacturing & Engineering recruitment across the following disciplines.
* Supply Chain/Logistics, Management
* Quality - Engineering, Management
* Design - Engineer, Management
* Maintenance – Technician, Engineer, Management
* Production / Process Engineering
* Health, Safety & Environmental
* Project Engineering, Management
* Leadership and Management
Or check similar jobs