Excellent opportunity for an experienced Embedded Software Engineer to join leading space organisation making a huge impact on the future of space who depend on complex Computer Vision sensors and algorithms to enable their spacecraft to carry out their missions.
Apply on Partner Site
As Senior Embedded Software Engineer - Computer Vision you will be the interface between the Computer Vision team, Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) team and the Flight Software team, and give you the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the on-board spacecraft flight software.
As Senior Embedded Software Engineer -Computer Vision you will be responsible for the development of critical embedded software in C/C++ and related languages for the computer vision components on board the satellite, together with
* Benchmarking the performance of computer vision modules, detection, tracking and pose-estimation algorithms, and different operating configurations.
* Participating in the design, implementation and testing of Safety critical Embedded Software and Firmware solutions, and PIL / HIL verification test-benches.
* Coordinating with other competence centres at sub-system and at system-level to associate Lidar detection outputs with other sensor outputs to arrive at a sensor fusion approach and to identify software needs and solutions.
* Supporting knowledge transfer from Astroscale teams globally and provide technical review inputs to projects across the Astroscale organisation.
To be considered for the role of Senior Embedded Software Engineer - Computer Vision you will:
* Be educated to BSc or MSc in Electronics or Electrical or Computer Engineering or other relevant discipline.
* Have a solid theoretical background in Software Engineering (OOP, Design Patterns).
* Have excellent programming skills (C, C++) and knowledge of software configuration control.
* Have proven experience in signal processing / algorithm development.
* Have a basic understanding of Lidar signal processing and principles of tracking & estimation and understanding the principles of sensors LIDARs and Cameras.
* Have understanding of model based design and implementation with Matlab/Simulink design.
* Have knowledge or experience on Software testing, Unit and integration testing, Software integration, interfaces design.
* Be able to generate project documentation, developing specifications, requirements and design, and other engineering documentation.
Our client is a rapidly expanding innovative and pioneering global organisation making a significant impact across the space industry. They are a people focused business who can offer you the opportunity to develop your career in space further. As Senior Embedded Software Engineer - Computer Vision you will be part of a supportive and passionate international team, and be rewarded with a very competitive salary and fabulous range of benefits.
Embedded Software | Computer Vision | Software Engineering | Algorithms | Sensors | Lidar Signalling | Lidar | Cameras | C / C++ | Matlab | Simulink | Software Testing
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment
Or check similar jobs