Robert Walters Group: Cashier - Birmingham- 6-month FTC - £20,000 - £24,000
Apply on Partner Site
I'm currently working alongside a leading business in Birmingham City Centre in their recruitment of a Cashier on a 6-month FTC paying between £20k-£24k. You will be a proactive member of a Cashiers team within a shared service centre supporting many external clients. You will work alongside the Credit Control and Client Accounting team and helping with banking portal transactions as instructed. You will assist and help with any reconciliations queries and ensure the RICS compliance regulations are met.
Key responsibilities of the Cashier:
* Navigate and utilise the banking software and understand the internal transfer controls to direct funds to the correct client bank account.
* Actively work with other teams in PMA in resolving queries.
* Download direct receipts from internet banking, posting to the correct record and maintaining cash sheets for all client bank accounts.
* Record cheques and post to the correct records and prepare paying in slips to be collected by courier.
* Raise banking sheets and collect all payment requests.
* Oversee what items have been posted to the suspense account to clear it down regularly and minimise the number of outstanding items.
* Process the AP BACS files in a timely manner.
About you as the Cashier:
* Needs to be immediately available or on a 1 week notice period
* Treasury/Cashiering professional with experience of working in a fast-paced high-volume environment
* Experience of different banking software, utilising functions to extract information
* Knowledge of principles, practices and regulations relating to the handling of client's monies in the UK
* Advanced Microsoft knowledge
If you want to be considered for this role, all applicants must submit CVs online or send to (url removed)
Or check similar jobs