Here at Amey we have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Assistant to join our NIDBFO2 Highways Routine and Operations contract. This contract has an annual turnover of c£10million.
Apply on Partner Site
Based in Lurgan, you will be part of a small highly motivated team. Ideally you will be a graduate or presently in higher education looking to build your QS career in a supportive environment.
You will be working as part of a team undertaking transport maintenance works and will be based in Annesborough Road, Lurgan.
* Implement commercial processes for cost capture, valuation, procurement and reporting
* Submit in a timely manner application for payment and agree accounts the Clients/Contracts
* Ensure maximum recovery of all contractual entitlements
* Assist in the preparation of commercial reports including monthly Cost Value Reconciliation financial report, cash-flows, budgets and forecasts
* Liaise with Operations Teams to ascertain costs and value are correctly coded
* Management of Subcontractor accounts in line with agreed subcontract agreement and Amey processes for certification, payment and liability
* Manage all aspects of subcontract procurement and order value uplifts
* Provide commercial support as required / directed
* Having or be studying for a Degree qualification (RICS accredited or equivalent) is desirable, or able to demonstrate a proven track record in quantity surveying / financial cost control in either a Contractor or PQS environment
* Good team player
* Computer and excel literate
* Excellent communication skills
* Keen to develop QS career
Our rewards make us feel valued here at Amey. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
* Exceptional development and progression plan
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
* 37.5 hour working week
* Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
* Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, free GP service, dental and childcare vouchers
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 14,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey
Or check similar jobs