Senior Project Manager
Apply on Partner Site
Location: Manchester - with regular travel to other sites across the UK
Salary: £55k per annum – rising to £57,500, plus annual Car allowance of £4,200, Smart Pension and Mobile Phone Allowance.
Contract: Full time, Permanent
We are Dwell Student Living and we are recruiting!
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Project Manager to support the Head of Development and Asset Management in the delivery of a New Build PBSA and Refurbishment Projects in the UK.
Senior Project Manager role responsibilities:
* Responsible for new site developments which includes a range of different types of schemes including new construction builds, acquisition fit out, and change of use
* Report on project progress, risks, strategies & resourcing
* Implement design review procedure / process to introduce an efficient and effective quality system
* Plan the construction programme
* Maintain an up to date knowledge of architectural, planning, building and construction practices, including changes in building regulations, codes of practice and other relevant legislation
* Lead the design team through feasibility and pre-development, tender design, appointment and on-site construction.
* Prepare and manage all project documentation, including a comprehensive project programme to drive critical path activities.
* Engage with engineers and consultants to obtain early options / appraisals for inclusion in construction budgets
* Development of a feasibility study
* Development of Clients Brief / Employers Requirements
* Procurement of the main contractor
* Seek and negotiate consultant fees
* Co-ordinate the tender
* Collate contract documents for execution
* Carry out control procedures and change control procedures
* Issue instructions
* Co-ordinate the review of information prepared by the contractor
* Consider items submitted by the contractor for 'approval', as required by the employers' requirements
* Review work progress and prepare client reports
* Validate or certify claims/payments
* Monitor commissioning and inspections
* Certify practical completion
* Bring defects to the attention of the contractor
* Issue the certificate of making good defect
* Agree to the final account
* Ad-hoc duties on site facilities management such as co-ordination of work on defect rectification
Senior Project Manager – What we need from you:
Minimum Degree in Quantity / Building Surveying.
Full Membership of RICS, CABE or CIOB.
Full clean driving license and use of a car for work.
A minimum 10 years’ experience in a similar role.
Demonstrable experience of acting as Employers Agent / Contact Administrator
Experience of delivering New Build PBSA developments from Inception to Completion.
Experience of delivering refurbishment projects in live buildings.
Health and Safety Management experience
Post Occupancy Evaluation experience
Nebosh - General Health and Safety.
Prince 2 – Project Management qualification
About Dwell Student Living:
RESPECT: We treat every individual with consideration, dignity and respect at all times. We are sensitive and attentive to different needs arising from the diverse backgrounds, nationalities, religions, traditions and culture. We have in place consultation and grievance mechanisms for the well-being of our residents, customers and staff.
INTEGRITY: We believe in upholding the highest standards of integrity and to confidently act with honesty at all times. We have the courage to do what is right, and earn the trust of all our customers and stakeholders, dedicating our best knowledge and skills to obtain the best outcome.
CREATIVITY: We explore innovative methods, processes and best practices to achieve higher efficiency and productivity to stay ahead value. As a team, we encourage personal initiative, resourcefulness and a positive mind-set for change to make a difference. This ensures that we embrace change while constantly improving ourselves to keep ahead of competition, and enables us to continue pushing boundaries and expectations.
EXCELLENCE: We strive for excellence and persevere in everything we do to obtain the best outcome. Our focus and commitment to quality is embedded in every aspect of our business – not just physical infrastructure and products, but also our relationships, processes and services that go into creating a healthy and positive environment.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful within this role, click on apply today!
No agencies please
Or check similar jobs