Robotics Automation Engineer (179se) – Banbury, Oxfordshire - £ Industry Competitive
Apply on Partner Site
My client, a leading global automotive manufacturer, is seeking a Robotics Automation Engineer for their Banbury facility.
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO REPRESENT INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EX MILITARY.
Reporting to the Mould Technical Manager, the main purposes of the role are:
* To support Mould Operations as a key Engineering resource to optimise both uptime and quality therefore reducing cost and waste with regard to all equipment and technical processes within mould
* To lead the monitoring and development of the automation and ancillary equipment
Your main duties will be the programming of Whitmann, Sepro, Engle and Kuka robots, but you will also be expected to design and build EAOT’s, assist in promoting a ‘behavioural safety’ culture within the workshop, take a ‘hands on’ as well as co-ordination approach in order to achieve uptime, cost targets and quality.
You will be carrying out repairs as well as co-ordinating them through both the maintenance team and the suppliers, as well as leading activity on both robotics and automation. This list is not exhaustive and you will be expected to carry out other duties as directed by the Mould Technical Manager.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a proven control and practical understanding of automation within a fast paced manufacturing background
• Have Strong communication skills at all levels within the business and with customers
• Be a highly motivated and focused individual who can implement and deliver plans on time
• Have effective continuous improvement skills (5S, 7 wastes, SMED).
• Have the ability to work under pressure and to use own initiative.
• Have strong literacy, numeracy and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Have a strong attention span, a good eye for detail, manual dexterity.
• have experience of PLCs/ SCADA and HMI systems (Siemens/ Rockwell/ Beckhoff)
• Have a clear understanding of processes, procedures and quality systems (ISO 9001, TS16949, IATF16949)
• Have the ability to work independently and part of a collaborative team on multiple projects.
• Be highly organised, delivery focused with an inquisitive and highly analytical nature.
This role comes with an industry competitive salary, and other benefits to be discussed at interview. My client has a supportive and innovative workplace culture with a low staff turnover and career progression in place for the right candidate.
For further information, please contact Sue Edwards Tel: (phone number removed) option 2 ext 4238
Or check similar jobs