World leading manufacturer of construction and utility equipment seeks an organised, pro-active individual to join their team as Purchase Ledger Assistant. Primary function as Purchase Ledger Assistant would be to help with the efficient running of the purchase ledger section, ensuring all transactions are accurately processed in a timely manner in compliance with relevant rules and regulation and to support the accounts department in the development of internal controls and improvements to the business processes.
Apply on Partner Site
The role of Purchase Ledger Assistant is offered as a Permanent contract with competitive salary plus company benefits (pension, life assurance). This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual with previous experience within an accounts environment.
Purchase Ledger Assistant duties include:
* Process all forms of purchase invoices in an accurate and timely manner
* Process all expenses claims in accordance with UK legislation and company rules, liaising with payroll for agreement of monthly payments
* Assisting with the processing of weekly, monthly and ad hoc payment runs by Bacs and Bankline to ensure that all payments are made within agreed deadlines and in accordance with company rules
* Maintaining supplier details on the ERP system to ensure accurate data and checks are compliant with company rules
* Assisting with the reconciliation of main bank accounts
* Co-ordinate activities with other team members giving support to the purchase ledger function.
* Provide support for other members of the accounts department.
Experience/Qualifications/Skills required by successful candidate for the role of Purchase Ledger Assistant:
* AAT part qualified (desirable not essential)
* Processing of expense claims and the correct VAT treatment (desirable not essential)
* Ability to handle large volumes of transactions and prioritise workload
* Ability to work alone and within a team to meet deadlines
* Proactive, organised and self-motivated
* Flexible outlook to working hours when required (month end process)
Hours of Work: Mon to Fri 8 am - 5 pm
Salary: £20,000 p.a. to £24,000 p.a. dependent upon experience
If you have the skills and experience to fulfil the role of Purchase Ledger Assistant, please APPLY TODAY
Or check similar jobs