This is a fantastic new opportunity for an experienced Finance Business Partner to work for a leading UK logistics company located in North Glasgow.
Apply on Partner Site
Reporting to the Board with a dotted line to Group Finance the successful post holder will assume responsibility for the following areas:
* Maintenance and continuing further development of Management Information Systems for key Logistics division customers, (comprising warehousing, haulage, rail and railport activities) coordinating all management information currently maintained.
* For common systems and where appropriate, develop MI in a consistent manner across all key accounts
* Based on above, assist in determining gross contribution by customer/contract/activity to make correct investment decisions
* Assist in production of all internal/external KPIs and exception reports
* Provide financial analysis/expertise to senior team to support effective decision making
* Improving the impact, and understanding, of financial reporting on business performance
* Providing analysis and delivering insight that links financial reports to business strategies
* Providing effective commercial procedures, or initiating change, to ensure key operational, commercial, and financial targets are delivered
* Building partnerships and maintaining strong relationships with all senior managers and their teams.
* Supporting operational management in tenders/quotations for new business and ad-hoc reporting as required.
* Supporting invoicing/sales administration department to ensure invoices raised accurately and promptly.
* Ensuring standardisation of key account administration procedures throughout the division and carrying out internal audit programme to ensure complied with.
* Dissemination of key account management information internally and production of regular and ad-hoc reporting requirements for customers
* Liaise between Logistics operational management and Group Finance.
* Experienced qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
* Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels (internal and external)
* Strong data manipulation skills (particularly excel and relational database structures)
* Project management experience due to the rapidly changing business environment
* Logistics sector experience would be useful although not essential
* Willing to travel on occasion throughout UK depot network
* Strong financial analysis / contract reporting background
Or check similar jobs